Monday Musings #7

February 17, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

If you had seen my tweets last week you may have seen me blabber on about my plans for Saturday and let me tell you, the day definitely did not disappoint. A couple of weeks ago, the other half and I decided it would be nice to have a chilled out day where we let ourselves be pampered and eat some good food and Saturday was the first day since that we had time to do it. I had thought about cooking a really lovely meal but we opted for being semi lazy and bought one of those takeaway bags from Asda and cracked open some non-alcoholic elderflower wine. Not quite a takeaway but not a home cooked meal either! What were we celebrating? Nine years of meeting each other and finally setting our wedding date. Perfect.

Sunday was our nephew's christening. Getting up early for an hour's drive first thing in the morning was not much fun at all (especially when neither of us are religious) but it was nice to see everyone and get some time with my lovely nephews. After we made the drive back home to see my sister who's birthday it was. There was presents to be opened and cake to be had which makes any weekend fantastic.

Time to get  stuck into this week's questions...

Is stealing to feed a starving child wrong?
I couldn't advocate stealing in a "just because" situation but throw in a starving child (or any other person) into the mix and I'm completely conflicted. Stealing is obviously wrong, not to mention illegal. I think that there are probably other options out there like food banks that I would always say to use first.

What do you want most?
At this very moment, I want another cup of coffee. I'm completely shattered despite sleeping well so maybe it would give me a little pick me up. In life, I want the big things: to be married, to buy a house not a flat and children. Obviously. I've said that a million times before.

Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I don't know which I would say I'm more worried about. I am somewhat of a perfectionist and I am so guilty of wanting things done to my level of satisfaction. I will clean the house my way rather than let the other half help because I know he'll miss something that I wouldn't have. That's bad, I know. I also always want to do the right things. I like to keep the peace and avoid all confrontation so going with the flow and doing what is considered right is usually easiest.

What has life taught you recently?
Recently, life has taught me that it is never going to be easy. There is continually going to be bumps in the road, especially just when things seem to be picking up. 

What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world?
The inequality between people in all different situations: social class, race, gender, sexual orientation etc. I would love for everyone to be on a more equal standing.

Where do you find inspiration?
Inspiration is genuinely all around me. Every day life to the people who fill my time inspire me to pursue my dreams and be the person that  I am becoming. 

Can you describe your life in a six word sentence? 
Family time is precious to me.

How would you answer these questions?




bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .