Monday Musings #8

February 24, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

I can't believe that we're already into the last week of February. Spring is just around the corner which will mean that I'll be packing away my winter jumpers and cosy pyjamas and saying hello to lighter nights and mornings before long. I think I'm happy about this as I've definitely been suffering from the winter blues this year and I'm just about done with them.

Unlike a lot of weekends recently, this one was a quiet one. I feel like there has been quite a lot going on for me since the beginning of the year so it was nice just to take a bit of a breather and just relax. Although it does seem to be ridiculously difficult for me to ever just switch my brain off.

Anyway, my brain is now geared up for another week and so it's about time I answered some of those little questions...  

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Making mistakes is scary. Nobody wants to feel stupid or like a failure even for a short period of time and even if it means that you won't make that same mistake twice.

What impact do you want to leave on the world?
I can't ever see myself doing something ground breaking that is going to be a big deal to the outside world. I'm not that kind of person. If I can make a difference to the people who are my nearest and dearest then that's all that really matters.

What is the most defining moment of your life thus far?
It probably has to be setting a date to get married.

In the haste of your daily life, what are you not seeing?
Honestly, I am not that busy in my day to day life that I'm missing seeing the small things like the importance of friendship or the beauty of nature around me. I suppose that I'm maybe not seeing amazing places or having incredible experiences outside my comfort zone but to do a lot of that you need disposable money. And honestly, I haven't been bitten by any sort of travelling bug either.

If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
I'm sitting here trying to think of something that I do on a frequent basis that I don't like and I genuinely am struggling to think of something more substantial than the hoovering. I do plenty of the things that I like to as well. I love to write and so I have this blog. I love family time so I make sure to see them as regularly as possible. I enjoy the simple things like movie nights and playing games so I make sure to do them too.

What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?
I sort of wrote a post about this for my post that goes live tomorrow (be sure to check it out). Music and writing lists helps when I feel down because it gives me something to focus on. It goes without saying that being around my family, and their fun personalities, is a great mood booster. Unless, of course, somebody is in a strop! I think it's important to remember that everyone has moments where they feel down about life and that some comfort can be taken from knowing that you are not alone.

Have you ever regretted something you did not say or do?
No. Life is too short to get caught up in regrets.

How would you answer these questions?




bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .