Pinterest Leads to All Sorts of Temptations

February 11, 2014

 photo fringeCollage.jpg

Growing out your hair always feels like a never ending battle with resisting the urge to chop it here and there just to give yourself a whole new look. My mood on my hair can honestly change from week to week. Getting bored with my hair, I dyed it a sort of deep red colour (not brown like it looks above) which I love that is only really noticeable if the light catches it just right. Recently I was so thrilled that I could finally tie/pin my fringe back without it looking ridiculous. Then my fingers got the itch to do something different. I was so bored of my hair lacking any real style.

No problem, I thought. I'll just look at hairstyles on Pinterest to give me ideas for closer to my wedding when I'll no doubt want a little hair cut. Until then I can just stay away from the scissors except from a little trim to my ends to keep them healthy. It never is as simple as that when it comes to Pinterest though, is it?

Suddenly I am faced with pictures upon pictures of gorgeous celebrities showing off their enviable locks that I could only ever dream of having. I can just feel the itch growing stronger and the little voice in my head saying "Do something different. Cut it." And oh, I was doing so well at resisting the urge until I started looking at Zooey Deschanel and her all-around beauty. I had a serious case of the hair envy. I wanted her trademark fringe and long locks that looked so pretty when curled.  It would be enough to make a difference to my overall hairstyle if I cut myself a fringe, without going too far and chopping the whole lot off. Then again, did I really want the fringe or just to look like the beautiful Zooey? Only one way to find out.

I slept on it.

When I woke up I still had the urge (and fear) to go for it. I took a deep breath and decided to go for it. It's only hair. It will grow back soon enough. So I grabbed my hair scissors and a few snips later the fringe I had been growing out for months which was passed the end of my nose, was sitting just above my eyes.

It isn't perfect. I'm not a hairdresser. However, I do like it. I'm happy with it. It is nice to have a little change once in a while.

Sadly though, I still don't look like Zooey...



bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. You look lovely! Good for you on doing it yourself - I manage to cut my own hair (with layers I may add) but the idea of cutting in a fringe (although I do have a side fringe) really scares me! I love the color of your hair, it's so rich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I've been cutting my hair myself for about two years now and whilst it isn't perfect I *think* I do a good enough job of it!

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. your hair looks absolutely gorgeous and it looks so silky! I'd love to have thick enough hair to have a fringe and it really suits you. I think we all envy Zooey and her beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Zooey is definitely my hair crush at the moment. It always looks so lovely.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .