The A to Z of Me Series | Tea

February 13, 2014

Wow, this series is really going by fast. I can't quite believe that this is me at the letter T, the end of the alphabet is within reach. I think I'll be glad in a way when I don't have the challenge of thinking of a topic based on a letter of the alphabet. It isn't as easy as it looks.

 photo Label.jpg

T is for Tea

I have a confession to make, I don't drink regular tea. I used to when I was younger but about four years ago I completely went off the stuff and became a regular coffee drinker instead.

Drinking tea is a stereotypical British thing to do. Generally speaking, the outside world seem to have this image of the British all sitting down to a fancy little cup of tea and scone in the mid afternoon. Honestly, this doesn't happen all that often. The whole afternoon tea thing was pretty much unheard of for me growing up unless we had elderly relatives visiting. Even then it was more likely that coffee (or juice) would be consumed rather than tea along with the odd bit of cake or biscuits. Maybe that was just my household though. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the whole tea and afternoon tea actually more of an English thing than Britain as a whole. Sometimes to the outside world Britain = England and England = Britain and I'm like, "hello, I'm Scottish."

It should be noted that I'm not saying Scottish people don't drink tea. Of course they do. I'm just merely stating that not all of us do, same goes for the English and Welsh!

 photo DSC02810.jpg

Anyway,  back on topic.

Whilst I don't drink regular tea, I do like to have the odd herbal or fruit tea. I go through phases of trying lots of different flavours and ending up with umpteen boxes filling up my kitchen cupboard. This week's flavour of the month (pun intended) is peppermint. I was so nervous about trying it. Would it be like drinking hot chewing gum? A little bit. Would I hate it and it be a waste of money? Not at all. I had heard that it was great for fighting nausea and making the drinker feel calmer. Just the smell of peppermint starts to calm me. This has proven to be very helpful with all the recent stress I've been battling the last month.

In the summer I am always enticed by fruit flavoured teas with my favourite being pomegranate and raspberry. Yum! That being said, I am partial to the odd cup of camomile too.

Are you a tea drinker? 



bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I'm an equal coffee and tea drinker, although i'm probably more likely to be found drinking tea on an afternoon and evening. I was actually fearing that there would be no tea in the US, but actually there is a respectable tea selection in the supermarkets so I never have to worry - you can even find Yorkshire Tea (loose and bagged I may add), Tetleys and PG Tips so that's a-okey. I should probably try drinking more green tea as it's meant to be good and all, that's my mission at the moment - to find a tasty variety that isn't peppermint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget that America doesn't have some of the food stuffs we take for granted in the U.K. I'm glad that they do have a good tea selection - that would be a nightmare for so many! I do like to try green tea and whilst it's meant to be better for you I really only do so because I'm bored and want to find something new to drink.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. my husband is Turkish and Turks love their tea! we have a special kettle and H. is used to drinking a cup (or two, or three) of tea every morning so most days I will have a cup as well :) I don't really drink coffee but I love herbal and fruit tea, I like discovering new flavours :) and it was so interesting to read about your experience with peppermint tea - I think I was drinking it before I was even allowed to chew gum, it's great for literally any stomach problem you might have, you just have to drink it hot and without any sugar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like discovering new flavours too that's pretty much the reason I ventured out into trying new teas. Hot without any sugar is just how I like my peppermint tea. I love knowing that it is good for me too. It such a nice little added bonus!

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I love me a cup of peppermint, even though it has to be at just the right temperature :) & I do also like lemon & ginger, that's good for digestion too :) peach tea is lovely! hot & cold actually :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, lemon and ginger sounds nice. I actually want to try some ice tea (it's on my before I'm 25 list) and peach is the flavour I like the sound of most!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .