The A to Z of Me Series | U is for...

February 20, 2014

So I've found myself at the end of the alphabet with some of the trickiest letters. What, beginning with the letter U, relates in any way to me? It's a tough one so I've decided to do things a little differently this week. Brace yourselves. U is for...
 
 photo Label.jpg


Umpteen Things

When the media has the tendency to highlight any tiny flaws in celebrities and their bodies, it's no wonder that so many of us have days that we feel ugly. I am no exception. If it isn't acceptable for them to have cellulite or a breakout why would it be okay for you? In my opinion the media has a lot to answer for in terms of negative body image. When it is standard practise for already beautiful models to be airbrushed, there is something very wrong with society. 

I think that what you really need to understand is that we are all unique and that it is okay to be different. If we all had the same hairstyle, clothes and looked the same, life would be very boring. Creativity and individuality would be lost. Then again as my dad likes to say, "Always remember that you are unique, just like everybody else." That sort of defeats the purpose - right?

Looks aren't the only thing that I have a bit of a battle with in my daily life. I don't like to be unprepared for anything, no matter how small or inconsequential that may be. I don't live spontaenously. I like everything to be planned in advance mainly because the unknown scares me. When things are unplanned I immediately feel anxious and nervous, and that is no fun whatsoever. In fact I would go as far as to say it makes me feel uneasy and that is completely uncool.

But forget about that. I know that the real reason you clicked on this little post is because you wanted to know about the big U words. It feels only fair that I don't disappoint you any further so...

Umbrellas: I don't use umbrellas any more after three broke in about a month. Now I rely on my very sexy waterproof jacket to keep me dry when it pours. This surprises me as I used to hate hoods with a passion and was always a little mortified when my mum made me wear mine.

Unicorns: I never understood the interest in these horned horses. In fact, I've never been the kind of girl who loved ponies either although if you want to read an amusing story about unicorns let me direct you to THIS post.

Underwear: I don't do matching underwear. It's far more hassle than it's worth. I know there's that saying about if you get hit by a bus at least you'll be wearing matching underwear... yadda yadda yadda. Honestly though, if I'm hit by a bus and requiring medical attention that involves cutting my clothes off, I don't think the doctor or I will care about my underwear.

United States: Honestly, I have no urge to visit the US. I'm sure I will at some stage as my other half loves New York and wants to visit California one day but I don't see the appeal. I guess it might also have something to do with the fact that I don't like long flights. However, suggest a holiday with a beach in Spain and I am there in a heartbeat.



bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. It's not only me that breaks umbrellas?! I have a really bad track record with them! I've come to love the US more than I thought I ever would and it's certainly feels like home, more then enough because i'm seriously considering citizenship because I want to live here for the rest of my life for sure. Saying that I have no desire to see New York - that doesn't attract me at all, give me small towns full of history or Washington DC with all it's museums for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you love it so much. It would have been a nightmare if you didn't I imagine. I'm quite into all my museums and history too so I imagine that little towns would be better suited to me too although I really just don't have the urge to go to the US. Maybe that will change and one day I will.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .