A to Z of Me Series | Zzz...

March 27, 2014

Well, here we are: the last post in this series, the letter Z. I cant believe that I've written this series for half a year but I think that I'm most that I didn't give up on the series even when comments and views on it dropped. There is a great feeling that comes from completing something even if it only is a little series on my blog. Anyway, for the last time...
 photo Label.jpg

Z is for Zzz...

I am a complete stress-head. This can wreck havoc on my sleep and trust me, I enjoy my sleep! Who doesn't like to curl up in bed and head off to the land of nod for hours on end? Only the strangest of people, I imagine.

When stressed I find it really hard to get to sleep. There is something about that time when you're trying to clear your mind that it is instantly flooded with all the things you need to do, future plans and worries. Your mind running at a hundred miles an hour isn't really conducive to getting to sleep never mind getting a good night's sleep. With all the craziness going on with wedding planning I'm finding it harder than ever to sleep so I've come up with some simple ways to make it easier to get that much needed snooze.

Set A Bedtime/Time to Get Up
Okay, so I sound like your parents when you were a kid, right? Let me tell you something: your parents were right. Setting a bedtime and a time to wake up in the morning really helps me get a good sleep. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you have to be in your pjs, tucked up in your duvet by 10pm and jump out of bed at 6.30am but setting any kind of routine is good. For me, this means going to bed about 11pm most nights and getting up at 7am, except for weekends where I get up at 8.30. Rock n roll! I should say I don't go to sleep as soon as I go to bed which leads me onto my next point...

Relax Your Mind
I like to relax by either reading a book or magazine before falling asleep as it helps me to empty my head of all my real life worries. To be honest,  haven't done this too much lately. Instead I've taken to looking at pictures of cute animals on reddit with the other half before heading off to the land of nod. I'm incredibly cool, wouldn't you agree?

Drink and Eat Well
Obviously avoid caffeine in the evening if you can. As everyone knows caffeine is a stimulant that is likely to make it more difficult to sleep. I tend to opt for a peppermint tea or a sneaky hot chocolate before bed. In a bid to become healthier I've also taken to drinking at least a litre of water every day. I've found it makes me more alert during the day so I do more things which in turn makes me sleepier.

Exercise
Another no brainer. Exercising is obviously good to help you sleep. I have started a workout (I want a nice butt!) which is helping me to make sure I am doing enough exercise. On top of this, I walk the dog for at least 20 minutes every evening and once a week I play badminton for an hour. I find the days that I work hardest are the days I find it easiest to sleep.

What helps you make sure you get a good night's sleep?



bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

I hope you enjoyed this series. Here are all the previous letters...
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. I love sleep. I can sleep for hours even without being tired and then nap a bit and then sleep. I like to make the most of my sleep because I know sooner or later the insomnia will start and then I can't sleep for weeks... People shouldn't come near me, I'm just not a nice person without my sleep.

    I should do more to sleep better, I might take some of these tips on board. I try to get up at the same time, which is easy for work but that's about all the effort I make ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do worry that I'll end up with a bit of insomnia when I'm older. My dad used to suffer really badly with it and I am so like him in so many ways that I wonder if I'll end up with it. I'm like you, I'm not a nice person without a reasonable amount of sleep. I get really grouchy and snippy! Haha.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .