Monday Musing #12

March 24, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Well hello Monday! I've had such a busy weekend that I don't know whether or not I'm pleased to see you just so that I can have a little bit of a break.

On Saturday, I went to look at flowers for the wedding. We've decided to get  faux bouquets for myself and the bridesmaids so my parents and I went to this massive supplier not too far from where we live to have a wee nosey. I'm kind of struggling with all the little details as I seem to have chosen a somewhat odd colour for the bridesmaid dresses! The other half wants thistles for the men folk button holes so I think I'm just leaving him to that. In the evening we went to our first rugby game in ages! Sitting out in the cold and rain is still not much fun but at least I got the chance to blow off some steam and shout encouragement! Plus we won!

On Sunday morning our venue was having a wedding fayre so we popped along to get another look at the place we'll be getting married and having our reception at in the hope it would give us decoration inspiration. It was good to see it all set up but I had a mini freak out at the mere thought of getting married there in just over four months.The afternoon was spent "looking" or music for our ceremony but really it was a little bit reminiscent of our teenage years.

Anyway, time for some "thought-provoking" questions...

What do you imagine yourself doing ten years from now?
In a career capacity, I'm not sure. I don't think that I've ever known what I want to do with my life. I've had ideas and I probably haven't  pursued them as much as I should have but I haven't found that thing. In ten years I hope to have a happy marriage and two or three mini versions of me and my other half. I really hope that I'll be a mum in ten years from now. That's my one real goal I think.

What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget?
I have no idea.

What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Overall I had a pretty happy childhood so I have a thousand happy memories. How am I meant to choose just one. I think it has to be the day I met my baby sisters for the first time. They'll be seventeen this year but I am, and always have been, so proud to be their big sister.

Do you own your things or do your things own you?
I own my "things" I suppose. Whatever they may be.

Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
I think I'd like to choose option three here and keep my old memories and be able to make looks of new ones. I would hate to forget little special moments of the last twenty-odd years of my life. By the same token, I would hate to never be able to make new memories. That would mean that I would never be able to remember my own wedding and other big life things that are still to happen. Neither is an option thanks.

How do you deal with someone in a position of power who wants you to fail?
I just try my best to rise above it and ill work twice as hard to prove them wrong and succeed. It's horrible when someone wants you to fail.

What do you have that you cannot live without?
As always, the other half, my family and Roxie. 

How would you answer these questions?



bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. Those are some tough questions this week - the 10 year one especially. Thinking about if you'd of asked what i'd like to happen by the time I was 17 10 years ago, I'd of laughed if you'd of told me the real outcome. I have somewhat flakey ideas about what i'd like to have happened by then - thinking or be into our second house out of Metro Detroit, applied for US Citizenship, have a dog, other than that, no clue haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it that way. I don't think I'd have imagined any of what has happened to me in the last ten years if someone had asked me when I was 14! Things never work out quite how you planned anyway.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I do not envy your wedding planning, it's definitely too much work :)

    I always hated the question of where do you see yourself in x years time, I change my mind so much. If I was younger then I probably would have just gave up and said I have no idea. But now, with things as they are, I actually want to see myself in 10 years as happy, travelling and still rapping to some 90's hiphop at 2am with the love of my life :) *soppy much*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wedding planning is certainly not all the fun they make it out to be. Permanently stressed at the moment!

      I think that your answer is perfect for where you see yourself in ten years. It'd be nice to think that I wouldn't have changed too much in the next ten years and I'm still very much the me I am today,

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .