Monday Musings #10

March 10, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

This weekend my brother-in-law finally came home after working in Australia for a year. He's actually Australian but he and my sister are settling in Scotland. He recently just got his work visa accepted so that he can now work with the Scotland branch of the company he has been working with for the past year. He arrived on Friday afternoon to flurries of snow and on Saturday we had dinner with the whole family at my parents' house. It's nice to have the whole gang back together.

Sunday was definitely a lazier day with an hour of badminton first thing to get started. Much of the day was spent crashed in front of the television with the other half and pooch who had been ill on Friday but is now fully recovered.  I was in such a funk that I really needed a totally chilled out day.

Anyway, now it is Monday again and we're back to the daily grind. That can only mean one thing or this blog... time to answer some more questions!

What is the difference between falling in love and being in love?
I guess that falling in love is really fuelled by the initial attraction whilst just being in love is knowing the person completely, flaws and all. To me, falling in love is all about the rush, full on butterflies in the stomach. Being in love still has all that, but there is a deeper understanding and connection with the other person. 

Who do you think stands between you and happiness?
Nothing but myself really. I would say that I am happy for the most part. I have a tonne of things to be grateful for and a number of things that make me smile. Of course, my life is far from perfect but that doesn't mean that I don't have any happiness.

What is the difference between innocence and ignorance?
I feel that ignorance is more of a choice. Ignorance implies that you don't want to know whereas innocence makes me think that it is just that you are unaware of the matter altogether.

What is the simplest truth you can express in words?
Not a clue.

What gives your life meaning?
The people in it. They are my reason for getting up in the morning and doing the things that I do without them I would be nothing. 

Can there be happiness without sadness? Pleasure without pain? Peace without war?
Possibly but I think that to know true happiness, pleasure or peace then you need to know or experience the negatives that come with them. Being human pretty much means that it would be impossible to only experience the positive (or negative) aspects of life. It isn't the way that the world works.

What’s the one thing you’d like others to remember about you at the end of your life?
Just that I was a nice person with a good heart that wanted the best for the people in her life. I don't need them to remember me for anything magnificent. Just remember me how I am.

How would you answer these questions?



bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Some very deep questions there for a Monday morning, I can just about think about what I'm going to wear for work at the moment and that's about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. That's why scheduling posts is a lifesaver!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .