Monday Musings #11

March 17, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Happy St. Patrick's Day to any Irish readers!

I caught a glimpse of how beautiful spring can be at the beginning of last week but the clouds have rolled on in and the rain has made a comeback. I should be used to it by now. After all, Scotland isn't exactly known for it's glorious weather (although it isn't as bad as it's made out to be).

On Saturday, it was my mum's birthday and so (surprise!) we spent a little time with the family giving presents and eating cake. It's nice that her birthday is two weeks before Mother's Day this year as so often it falls days before or after it. It can be a bit of a present nightmare, especially when she does that mum thing of saying she doesn't want anything! I hope you all had a lovely weekend too.

Anyway, it's Monday now and so...

Is there such a thing as perfect?
Yes and no. For example, you could get full marks in a test or an exam which obviously can be seen as perfect. On the other hand, I believe that all humans (and many other things) are flawed in some manner. This doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to get as close to as perfection as possible but that we shouldn't let ourselves be disheartened when things don't turn out perfectly.

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I think I have controlled the course that my life has taken for the most part. There was nothing I could do about my redundancy and there have been other bits and pieces that I haven't had full control of either. I guess that is just life. Sometimes things are out with your control but I like  to think that I am in the driver's seat the majority of the time.

What does it mean to be human?
This is clearly looking for a deep answer which I do not know. I fear that if I really got into this question I would start moaning about all the pit falls of humanity and so it's probably best that I just gloss over this one.

If you looked into the heart of your enemy, what do you think you would find that is different from what is in your own heart?
Well, considering I don't have any enemies I wouldn't know. I can only imagine that if I did they would be much the same as me but just looking out for themselves, their ideology and their loved ones.

What do you love most about yourself?
I honestly left this question until after I had completed the rest of the blog post because I couldn't think of an answer. This is not a cry for everyone to tell me how wonderful I am. It's just a fact. What do I love most about myself? I don't know. A few years ago I probably would have said my creativity or my thirst for knowledge but at the moment I'm not sure that either of them apply any more. Maybe, I'll get back to you on that one.

Where would you most like to go and why?
I would either like to go somewhere warm with sunshine like Portugal or Tenerife or somewhere with lots of culture and beautiful architecture like Paris or Rome. I haven't been abroad or had a beach holiday since 2009 and, despite only having being abroad a handful of times, I really miss it. It would be lovely if we could afford a honeymoon but we can't. Also, I'm sort of worried if I don't get on a plane again soon my fear of flying will rear it's ugly head again.

Is it more important to do what you love or to love what you are doing?
It is kind of the same thing isn't it? I think that it is crucial to enjoy what you are doing for a healthy mentality. If you are doing things day in, day out that leave you feeling unsatisfied then it will have a negative impact on your entire life.

How would you answer these questions? 



bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. These really are questions to get your brain going!
    I find the question 'what do you love about yourself' hard too. I have to be in a good mood in my head to come up with actual answers for this.

    Where would I like to go? Everywhere. Case closed ;)

    To me the final question seems the same too.

    I do love getting my brain going on a monday night!

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be tricky to come up with something that you love about yourself at the best of times, especially without sounding conceited! Haha.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .