Monday Musings #13

March 31, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

This was yet another busy weekend, only this time it wasn't due to anything wedding related. Well, not our wedding.

On Friday one of the other half's second cousins got married and we were invited to the wedding reception which was held at a hotel about an hour's drive from where we live. We managed to get lost on the way in the dark and pouring rain which maybe wasn't the best start to the night. Note to self: In the future do not let the other half be in charge of getting directions prior to leaving. He will get the directions to a place that is sort of close but not the intended destination! It was a lovely evening reception and everyone certainly seemed to enjoy themselves. One thing must be said though: I am glad I won't have that many people at mine. Too busy!

 photo mondaymusings.jpg

We stayed the night at the lovely hotel in a bed that was so comfortable and cosy that it was almost difficult to leave in the morning. However, the promise of getting back to Roxie made it easier to get up and moving! I'm secretly a little bit pleased that Roxie missed us despite staying with my family and knowing that she was safe.

On Sunday, we went and played badminton as usual. I barely noticed that the clocks went forward if I am honest. I was up and at them like usual.  Then after a quick shower we headed off to see both our mums for Mother's Day. I love when we manage to visit both our families lots. They are all so important to us.

Anyway, I think that's enough about my weekend. Onto this week's questions...

When you close your eyes what do you see?
Darkness. Isn't that what everyone sees?

What sustains you on a daily basis?
Food, water and love to be perfectly honest.

What are your top five personal values?
Oh I don't know. I suppose if I had to choose (which is the point of these questions) I would say:
Loyalty and Honesty
Respect not only for myself, but for others.
Education and Ambition

Why must you love someone enough to let them go?
I certainly hope that I never will have to let the people I love go. Loving someone enough to let them go is really about putting their happiness above your own. When I think about having to do that with any of my loved ones I really want to be selfish and put my own happiness (with them) first. Is that bad?

Do you ever celebrate the green lights?
During a long drive home (the other half driving - not me!) when I'm tired I sure do. Everything is a little better when the world is telling you to go, go go!

What personal prisons have you built out of fears?
I don't like to think of them as personal prisons. I know that my fears and anxiety stop me from doing a number of things and that sometimes I end up in a bit of a rut but prison does not seem like the right word.

What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? 
Have children but there is still plenty of time for that. I hope!

Honestly I didn't really dig this week's questions as you can probably tell from my sarcastic answers to questions one, two and five. Hopefully, next week's set is better. All the same, how would you answer these questions?



bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. haha, my bf has a terrible sense of direction and cannot orientate himself at all! It's actually funny it's that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. My other half just seems to think he'll know where to go once he gets closer. He's a nightmare!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .