Monday Musings # 9

March 03, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg


Hello Monday. Hello March. Hello You.

I don't understand how we can be in March already but we are. I'm loving being able to get up in the mornings and open the curtains straight away and actually be able to see around my home and not trip anything. I love that it is getting slightly warmer and taking the dog out for a walk isn't such a butt-freezing chore. I love that the sun is making an appearance a little more frequently than before.

This weekend was spent with family which, if you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know makes it a good weekend in my book. My other half's sister and her boys came to visit his parents so we popped over for dinner to see them all which was just lovely. My nephews are the loveliest little munchkins that I have ever met. Just adorable.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. On to this week's questions...

Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Thankfully, no. If it ever did I would be a complete wreck of a person so it is probably for the best that it never does happen, okay?

Why do we think of others the most when they’re gone?
I guess it's because you don't realise what you had until it's gone. Only when there is a gaping hole in your life can you fully appreciate what it was like to have them as a part of you. You feel as though you are missing something and that just makes you think about them even more.

What is your most beloved childhood memory?
I think it is probably meeting my baby sisters, L.J. and T.J. who turn seventeen this year (what?!) for the first time. Holding their tiny little hands and seeing their tiny little faces for the first time was actually pretty incredible and even now makes me feel a bit emotional. I was amazed at how much I already loved them and so excited and proud to be a big sister. That still hasn't changed.

Is it more important to love or be loved?
There is nothing worse than unrequited love so I have to say both to this. It took about six months for the other half to reciprocate my feelings for him and when I think about that period (I don't often) I just remember a lot of pain. It is also just important to be loved so that you can learn how to love yourself. If I didn't have a family who loved each other so openly I don't think that I would show my love for others in the same way.

If it all came back around to you, would it help you or hurt you?
Help, I guess. Really it depends on what we are talking about but I would like to think that I don't really send out bad feeling or whatever.

If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing would you do it?
Not a chance. My life isn't exactly what I thought it would be at the moment but it certainly isn't a train wreck. I have so much in my life to be thankful for; my family, other half, friends, home, why would I go back in time to change one thing when it could potentially jeopardise everything that I have right now? All I can really do is work to remedy the things that aren't so fantastic just now.   

If a doctor gave you five years to live, what would you try to accomplish? 
I honestly don't know. I would want to live as normally as possible, I think, and make sure to spend time with those that I love. 

How would you answer these questions?



bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. I think my greatest fear seems to change weekly ... makes me an anxious wreck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm always terrified about anything and everything but my one big fear has, thankfully, never happened. I'm such a worrier.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .