NOTD | Blue Sparkles

March 04, 2014

 photo notdbluesparkles.jpg

It has definitely been a while since I last did a nail of the day post. In fact, it has been a while since I painted my nails at all. Not only was I tired of trying to prevent chipping, my poor nails were looking a little bit dry and in need of a break from the constant painting. So after a couple of months of TLC, I'm back with a cheeky wee NOTD.

 photo notdbluesparkles2.jpg

 photo notdbluesparkles1.jpg

This was a super simple design. Using Avenue Maintain from Essie and Blue Glitter Nail Paint from Barry M I created a sort of ombre effect with the glitter. This was my first attempt at creating an ombre nail and whilst it isn't perfect it certainly isn't bad! I am looking forward to experimenting with different colour combinations in the future even if glitter nail polish is notoriously difficult to remove. I wish I'd had a white nail polish over winter as I think that the blue glitter ombre effect with white would have looked lovely in the run up to Christmas. Oh well, there is always Christmas 2014 for that!

What do you think of my first attempt? Have you ever had a go at ombre nails?


 
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

This is the 2014 Blogger Challenge topic five: All About Nails
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. Your nails look so gorgeous! Love the ombre effect!
    That Barry M glitter is such a nice colour, too!

    Emily xo
    emilydianacreations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really like Barry M's Glitter Nail Paint. Although, if I'm honest, the blue glitter is my sisters's which I just borrowed! She might never get it back now. Haha.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. i've only tried ombre with glitter once and i found it really hard to get it to look right so i gave up but these look really good and i love the barry m nail polish i think they're so good for glitter polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used one of those little rubbish make up brushes that you sometimes get with eyeshadow and just dabbed on the glitter that way. It worked not too badly. I've already changed the colour to Barry M's Teal with the Blue Glitter!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .