Smoothies and Flowers

March 11, 2014

 photo smoothiesandflowers.jpg
 photo smoothie1.jpg
 photo smoothie2.jpg

For Christmas I got a rather snazzy blender from my sister which means that I can finally make myself some smoothies. I love smoothies, especially on a hot summer's day. They are a great way to cool you down and give you a few of your five a day. Not to mention they are freaking tasty. The list of potential fruit smoothies I can now make is endless and I can barely stop myself from thinking of more fruit combinations that I am dying to try out.

The other weekend when we were having our lazy pamper day I insisted on making us some yummy berry smoothies and thought that I'd show you the little recipe.

Ingredients (serves 2)
About 250g mixed frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, red currants and black currants)
Tin of peaches, drained
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp of strawberry yoghurt (for a thicker consistency)

It is really as simple as throwing all the ingredients into a blender and blending until smooth. Then you pour into a glass, stick a couple of berries on the side and add a straw. Easy peasy.

What is your favourite flavour of smoothie? What type of smoothie should I try next?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I absolutely love making smoothies. Every day we try a new one at my house!

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome. I can't wait to get making more of different flavours.

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Oh I wish our blender didn't leak everywhere when you try and blend a liquid in it for else i'd be trying this in a hurry, I really want to try making more smoothies too especially in the summer. Needs a new blender on my list first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's a bit rubbish - a blender that leaks! I can't wait to start making lots of different flavours in the summer and get my sisters over to get involved too!

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Buying my food processor/blender thing was a great investment. I love making smoothies, although the ice cream sometimes just falls in there...
    We also use the blender to make pancake mis too, we are that lazy.

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I can see my blender getting a lot of use, especially in the summer months. I just love me some smoothies!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .