The A to Z of Me Series | Wedding Update

March 06, 2014

There could only be one option for the letter W as far as I'm concerned so it really won't come as any surprise to you that...

 photo Label.jpg

W is for Wedding Update

It is officially less than five months until I make the transition from Miss to Mrs which is quite terrifying. There is still so much to do although I have complete faith that it is completely manageable. Well, that is so long as we don't get complacent and think we have oodles of time to get everything done. Ideally, I'd like everything pretty much sorted for the end of June. I don't want to spend all summer cooped up indoors worrying about getting everything sorted in time when the weather is absolutely gorgeous.

There are no pictures of the things that have already been organised yet but once I start doing little D.I.Y. projects I am sure I'll share them with you. Until then, please accept my lists.

We have already sorted...

My dress. 
I've still to try it on again after two years and I know it needs to be taken up as it was no doubt made for a leggy girl and not 5'6" me so I will have to book an appointment for alterations. Honestly I'm terrified to try it on again so I've been putting it off. I'm scared I won't like it or I look silly in it now.

Bridesmaid dresses.
I am having my five sisters as bridesmaids which meant that I had to find dresses at a price within my small budget that suited them all. A bit of a nightmare but luckily I found a dress on asos of all places that they all liked. Being a summer wedding we've opted for short dresses, just above the knee, in the colour seafoam which is a sort of aqua colour. The dresses were on sale and my sister got a 10% student discount which meant that they all came nicely under budget. Score.

Venue. 
We decided on a great all inclusive package at a hotel that is quite local to us where we can hold the entire event. The first two payments have been made already but there is still a lot to work out with the venue. Will we decide to get seat covers and bows and at what added cost? We want to re-jig the day's schedule slightly and need to know about a music system for the ceremony. We need to have our meal testing and actually decide on what we want.  The list is endless.

Registrar.
Due to neither of us being religious, we have opted to get married in the hotel with a registrar. We haven't had a meeting with them yet (no idea when that will be) but we do have them booked for our date which is a start.

Cars.
I have booked a Mercedes E Class for myself and my dad on the day of our wedding and a limo to take all my bridesmaids and mum to the venue. I'm using the same company that my sister used for her wedding and I'm happy to say that cars have come in over £100 under budget.

Invitations.
This week we met with the other half's aunt to discuss our wedding invitations as she is making them. She professionally makes cards and wedding stationery that is gorgeous so we were thrilled when she offered to make ours. We discussed designs, colours and the wording for the inserts and are having a couple of samples made up with slightly different designs before we decide completely what we want. I might do a blog post on our invites in the next few weeks so watch this space!

I think that's not too shabby considering we've only had our date set for just over a month. Our last big thing to book is a photographer which is turning out to be quite tricky because we don't have long until our wedding. Then it is all the little details and smaller (read cheaper) things that help to pull a wedding altogether.

Wish me luck!


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. I can't even imagine organising a wedding so it sounds like you're doing amazingly well so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's pretty tough going and I keep forgetting to include little bits and pieces. Lists are fast becoming my best friends!

      Delete
  2. Wow well done Debi you have got so much organised. I'm so jealous of your lovely aunt making your invites, you are so lucky. Cant believe how expensive invites are. Next on my list are save the date cards which I have saw on ebay and will do very nicely :) Well done as well getting the cars under budget, must be starting to feel so real now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Invites are crazy expensive for what is essentially just a piece of card. I'm quite excited to see our samples and make a decision. Somehow doing the invited made it all feel very real!

      I really need to sort a photographer and rings next I think!

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Wow, weddings sound like a serious headache!

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be, especially when everyone else chips in and gets involved!

      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Even though I'm married I can't imagine organising a wedding with all the works - I wouldn't know where to start! We made our own invitations (basically nice paper from Paperchase with a design we brought off of etsy with birds and our initials and stamped/wrote them out) - probably not as professional as most brides would like but they suited out needs/budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I can't believe we are even planning a wedding - and succeeding! I didn't really want the big day but the other half did so we are doing the works but just on a pretty small budget. Well, as far as weddings are concerned it's small. I think it's nice to have some handmade stuff with a wedding. It doesn't have to all be supere fancy and expensive.

      Debi x

      Delete
  5. good luck Debi! :D I'd really love to see the invites, I bet they'll look beautiful :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. We should be getting the samples today! :)

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .