Wedding Edition | Invitation Samples

March 21, 2014

 photo InvitesPaper.jpg
Paper Choices 
 photo pearlescentchoices.jpg
 photo linenchoices.jpg

Perhaps surprisingly, deciding on our invitation design has been quite a difficult task. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the other half has probably had a far better idea of what he wanted than me, the bride.  To be quite honest, I'm a very indecisive person which has sort of made this whole wedding planning process a bit of a nightmare.

In my opinion it goes without saying that the invitation samples that the other half's aunt has prepared for us are beautiful. We wanted something that was quite minimalistic in terms of colours but that looked quite elegant and a touch fancy. As you can see we have three design choices on two different types of paper; pearlescent and linen.

The pearlescent paper is silver and has a beautiful sort of shimmer to it which I personally think makes the invitation look classy. On the other hand, I think that the linen paper looks sophisticated in white, with visible fibres running throughout it. I think that I'm swaying toward the pearlescent as it looks gorgeous when the light catches the embossed swirls on the top half of the invite.

I don't know which trimming I like best though. I think it's between the bow with the pearl (but not with the pearl) and the Celtic design. It should be said that the ribbon running through the Celtic trimming would be the same colour as the others but the other  half's aunt just didn't have the right thickness of ribbon. I'm not sure if the intricacy of the Celtic trim is lost due to being the same colour as the paper or not. Maybe this would make having this trim a bit pointless. Decisions, decisions.
Also, the front will also state whether or not it is an evening invitation or a day one in black(?) ink at the bottom where the paper is not embossed but there wasn't really any reason to do this on the sample. As for the wording inside, we plan on sticking with the tradition of the bride's parents' "requesting the pleasure of the company of..." It's just the way I like it!

What do you think of our wedding invitation samples? What design do you like best? Which paper would you choose?



 
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. Personally I'd choose the Linen paper with the little green bow (the top right image). But that's me. Go with your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we've chosen the pearlescent one with the bow with the pearl but we aren't going to have the pearl, i that makes any sense! It wasn't easy to choose though!

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Hmmm tough, I like the linen with the black ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the black trim too but I worried that the lovely detail of the cut out was just kind of lost and the other half agreed. They were all lovely though, I think!

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Loooove the pearlescent invite with blue ribbon and pearl, so lovely and classy - wow your aunt has some skills, you are very lucky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one I think we are going for although we don't really want the pearl. I like how elegant they look, especially considering it was mainly the other half who chose all the little details!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .