Books, Books and More Books

March 25, 2014

 photo wbdt.jpg

Okay, so I know that World Book Day (6th March) was positively ages ago but when I saw THIS POST on Michelle's blog (Life Outside London) I just knew that I had to do the World Book Day Tag. Despite not doing it as much as I know I should I absolutely love to read. It's fantastic to just immerse yourself inside someone else's life for a while and just forget about the read world.

1. If you were stranded on a desert island with one book to last you the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hmm... Let me think.Probably one of the Harry Potter books so lets say Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  The Harry Potter series is probably the collection books I have read the most often. I still absolutely love the story and who wouldn't want to take a step back into the world of Harry Potter for the rest of their life?

2. Which book changed your life?
I guess it has to be the Harry Potter series. Like many my age, I grew up reading these books and often felt that, in a roundabout way, I was going through much the same as the characters as we tended to be about the same age.

3. What was the first book that made you cry?
I haven't a clue. I can be a bit of an emotional wreck when it comes to books and films. I find myself so invested in the characters that the moment that something horrible or upsetting happens I have tears in my eyes. It doesn't even have to be particularly heart-wrenching or emotional, I'll still find myself in tears. It's absolutely ridiculous.

4. What was the last book you read that completely baffled you?
I'm not sure. Perhaps it was a David Baldacci one that left me stumped as to "whodunnit". I often second guess myself with his books.

5. What is your favourite novel?
Why do you have to ask me that? I have no idea what my favourite is but I love the following: The Pact and Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult, The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chobosky, the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, Lord of the Flies  by William Golding and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen to name a few!

6. What's your favourite non-fiction book?
I honestly don't read a lot of non-fiction books which is terrible but I do have a few on my wish list that I'm looking to get at some point.

7. Have you ever loved a book so much you refused to see the film?
Believe it or not I refused to watch Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone until it had been out for about two or three years because I loved the book so much and didn't want them to ruin it. I actually remember saying that I would never see it! I wish I had never gone to see the film version of My Sister's Keeper (Jodi Picoult) as they changed the ending which left me so disappointed. I think I've always caved in and seen the film.

8. What is your favourite way to read a book?
On the couch with a nice cuppa and the dog resting beside me or if I am feeling particularly lazy (and cold) I like to curl up in bed and read. 

9. What's at the top of your "to-read" list?
Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. The other half bought me it for Christmas and while I am desperate to read it I know it is so long and will take me a while. As a part of my Before I'm 25 list I had planned to read 25 books and I'm falling behind. Essentially, I don't know whether to read it next or not because it might stop me from getting near my target! 

10.Finally: if you were me and you had to dress up as a character for World Book Day, who would you choose?
Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. I know it is probably a bit overdone at the moment but I think I'd look pretty rad with a crossbow.


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

5 comments :

  1. I probably shouldn't admit this but the Harry Potter thing really passed me by ... I think i'm one of the few people that haven't read or seen any of the movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movies kind of suck tbh... I like the books though :)

      Delete
    2. Blasphemy! Haha. I kid.

      I confess to being a bit of a Harry Potter nut. A bit of a Potterhead, if you will. I just grew up with the books (and films) and adored them. Obviously each to their own :)

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. How have I only just spied this?
    I'm a Potterhead too, the husband and I worked our way through them together in our courting days. Game of Thrones keeps giving me stink eye whenever I turn on my Kindle, its length is defeating me too at the mo. Soon...
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Potter series but they did pass me by for the first few years. I remember the other girls going on about the first book when I was doing A Level English Literature back in 1999 but it wasn't until 2004 that I actually picked up a book and read it. Then I really couldn't understand why on earth I'd left it so long! :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .