Before I'm 25 | Update 10

April 29, 2014

 photo image-95.jpg

How can I be on the tenth update already? I can't believe that it has almost been a year since I first conceived this idea. Slow down, time. Slow down.

During April I managed to...

4) Cook or bake something new every month (6/12)
I'm going to allow the strawberry and pineapple smoothie we made to count as making something new this month. It wasn't challenging but, man, it was tasty!

11) Read 25 books (11/25)
This month I only managed to read Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. I managed to blast through the first half of the book and I had hoped that I would be able to add two books to my list this month. However, as ever, life got in the way and I found it increasingly difficult to make time to finish it and start reading another book. Typical.

15) Watch 50 movies I've never seen before (50/50)
I've officially completed this task and can score it off the list. To be honest, I didn't think that this would be a particularly challenging task as I do love the odd trip to the cinema and we own an obscene amount of DVDs in my family. Seriously, we could open a second hand store! This month the other half and I watched Once Upon A Time in Mexico (average), Something About Mary (it passed the time), The Way Back (pretty good even if it did star Colin Farrell) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (fantastic, better than the original). I also watched a nice cheesy teen movie, The First Time, which passed the time quite nicely when I wasn't feeling so well.

36) Write a letter that I can open on my 30th birthday
I decided it was high time that I try to complete some of the more obscure things on my list and so this month I sat down and wrote a letter to 30 year old Debi. It was an odd experience but I think it'll be really interesting to read in a few years time providing I manage to keep it in a safe place for that long! 

I've already got my eye on a couple of tasks on the list to try and complete during May. As this wedding gets closer and our time is filled up with that and other already made plans I think I'll have to worker harder than before to score off more on my list.  Here's hoping I can manage it!


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. Really love the idea of writing a letter that you can open in future! I might give this a go and write one for when I'm 30 too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. It's a bit weird to be writing a letter to yourself in the beginning but I'm sure it'll be worth it in five a few years time when you read it back.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. 50 films!!! That's a lot haha! I don't think I've seen 50 films in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I'm honestly a little bit of a film addict. I will watch just about anything!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .