Happy Blog Birthday

April 11, 2014

Tomorrow is my one year blog birthday. As bloggers we all talk about how quickly time goes. We are always surprised by the arrival of another Monday, a new month, a different occasion but seriously, how on earth did this happen?!

 photo blogbirthday.jpg
 I wish I could take credit for this cake but it was actually made by my sister, L, for my mum's birthday last month and the photo is hers too! Beautiful, right?!

I never in a million years thought that I would be sat here, still writing after a whole year. I hadn't dared to hope that I would have followers let alone readers who come back time and time again to read and comment on my posts. I never imagined the possibilities of making friends through blogging and yet there are several of you that I enjoy a good natter with every week.

Blogging has kept me focused this last year. Week in, week out I find myself in front of this screen doing something that I love. Writing has always been a passion of mine and whilst I lack any real skill in it, I enjoy writing and that's the most important thing. Plus, practise makes perfect as they say. So until I achieve perfection (or am just to darn busy!) I'll be here, blogging away.

One thing I really did not expect when I started this journey was to not feel alone. Through this blog I have spoken to a number of people with whom I share so many similarities. In some cases, it feels as though we are essentially the same person in different places. I've opened up about mental health and after twelve years finally accepted that the way I feel isn't "just me". The community of wonderful people sharing similar experiences is astounding. It's nice not to feel alone.

So I just want to say a quick thanks to all of you, my readers, my new friends and here's to another year of blogging!

Debi x


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. Wooohoooo Happy Blog Birthday Debi, love you blog and its diverse range of topics - its never boring and you are always honest and true so keep it up :) here's to another year of great posts and even more followers and friends x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) That's so nice of you to say that!

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. woooooo Happy blog birthday! It is an amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit late but Happy Blog Birthday! Here's to many more happy years of blogging! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. slightly delayed but better late than never, yeah?! :) Happy Blogging Birthday Debi! :D heres to many more years ahead! <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I can't believe it's been a year already.

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .