Monday Musings #15

April 14, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Normally I schedule these posts but for once I'm actually writing this on a Monday when the sun is shining and the sky is blue as far as the eye can see. I doubt it will last more than a couple of hours though. We are talking about the weather in Scotland here.

I've had a bit of a cold this week so on Saturday we had a super lazy day watching the Melrose 7s rugby tournament on television while discussing where we are in the wedding planning process. Oh, and we talked about the design for our wedding cake. We talked a lot about cake. Smoothies were made, Indian food was consumed and a film, The Way Back, was watched.

We were barely home on Sunday what with badminton and our nephew's third birthday party. It was an exhausting day. I can't believe that he is three already. He's such a clever wee boy who loves playing with his trains. My other nephew is already five and a half months which absolutely blows my mind. He's growing up so fast and is such a wee smiler than he melts my heart every time I see him. It was nice to see all the other half's family even though I do find it a bit overwhelming and felt really anxious about seeing them with all this ongoing wedding drama.

Anyway, today's questions are...  

If you could ask one person, alive or dead, only one question, who would you ask and what would you ask?
I think that I'd want to ask my Grandpa a pretty personal question that isn't really blog appropriate.

 If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
That is a good question. There are plenty of things that make me happy but I don't know what kind of work that could lead to. Working with children or doing something family orientated would probably be best I think. Either that or doing something creative like my little wooden signs or something equally crafty.

What is your number one goal for the next six months?
Survive this wedding. It comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone who has been reading my blog or following me on twitter for the last couple of months that this wedding planning has come with its fair share of stress and meltdowns.  I just want to be able to get through the planning and enjoy the day without any more dramas and everything going to plan. Too much to ask? Maybe.

Would you ever give up your life to save someone else?
I'd like to say yes but I don't think you can ever be sure until you are in that situation. As selfish as it sounds I'm not sure if I would for anyone but my loved ones but as I said I don't think you can be sure until you're in that situation. I imagine that when I have children I will certainly feel like I would risk my own life just for them.

Are you happy with yourself?
Honestly, it depends on which day you ask me. Sometimes I am and sometimes I'm not which I imagine is how most people feel. I do tend to strive for perfection, believe it or not, and in some areas more than others I am still along way from achieving that which can make me feel dissatisied about myself. I am happy that I'm a nice, caring person (for the most part) and I think that most people would say I'm pretty friendly and approachable. I'd love to be a bit better on the employment front and have my own mini business at least. Plus, it would be great if I could look prettier too with some kind of decent style!

What is the meaning of ‘peace’ to you?
If we are talking about peace in a worldwide sense then obviously no wars or conflict. That being said, no drama and no dogs barking at 6am is my idea of peace and quiet!

What are three moral rules you will never break?
No cheating
No drugs or smoking
Always be loyal to loved ones

How would you answer these questions?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .