Monday Musings #16

April 21, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

I should have known that this weekend would be good when it started with a rather impressive win at the rugby on Friday night! The sun was shining all weekend (the grey skies have returned now!) so we tried to make the most of it. not having a garden when the weather is nice is one of the most annoying things in the world. Luckily, after the boys had sorted the kilt hire for the wedding in the morning, my sister asked us over to hang out in her garden. Sunday was filled with badminton, a long dog walk in the sun and a lovely dinner with the other half's family. I do like a busy weekend filled with fun stuff!

Anyway, let's get cracking with this week's questions...

What does it mean to allow another person to truly love you?
I guess it means that to some degree you are happy with who you are. For another person to truly love you I think that you have to open yourself up and let someone in. I don't think that you can truly love someone properly until you have seen the good and the bad that comes with them. If you still go "yeah, I'm cool with this person" then you're absolutely golden.

Who or what do you think of when you think of love? 
When I think of other people's love, I am immediately drawn to the love between my parents. I wouldn't say that they are overly affectionate in the way that makes you want to vomit but the love they share is very much evident in the way they treat each other and act in general. This summer they will have been married for thirty-five years and, of course, they've had their ups and downs together but if I could have what they have with my other half, I would be more than happy.
 
If your life was a novel, what would be the title and how would your story end?
I haven't a clue how my story would end. I'm not even twenty-five yet. There are endless possibilities and numerous roads that could take me all over the place. We'll just have to wait and see. I was also always of the opinion that when writing a story or a novel a title would just come at an appropriate moment. That moment has yet to arrive.

What would you not give up for £1,000,000 in cash? 
My dignity - or loved ones!
 
When do you feel most like yourself?
Whenever I am with the other half or my family. There is no point pretending to be someone other than myself when I'm with them. They know me better than I know myself some days.I know they'll love me regardless of the little bit of crazy or my meltdowns.

When you help someone do you ever think, “What’s in it for me?” 
Of course. Who doesn't feel this way once in a while. To be fair though, it all depends on the circumstance. I won't feel the need to get something in return every time I help somebody else. 

What is your greatest challenge?
At the moment my greatest challenge is probably just getting through some of my tough days where anxiety is relentless. 

How would you answer these questions?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. I conquer, not having a garden sucks!
    I think if my life was a novel I'd title it "I tried" or "Terrible decisions are made on empty stomachs".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I like your second title there. You should never make a decision on an empty stomach! Can't wait to have a garden. Living in a flat is rubbish when the sun is out!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .