Spring OOTD

April 17, 2014

 photo springootd2.jpg
 photo springootd1.jpg

When I saw that this week's 2014 Blogger Challenge was to be a Spring OOTD I honestly let out an audible sigh. It wasn't because I don't like fashion. I do. I'm just sort of rubbish at having any real style. It wasn't because I don't enjoy occasionally having at wee nosey at what other people are wearing. I do although the same poses every single day can get a little tiresome. It wasn't because I've never done my own OOTD. I have and you can find them HERE and HERE.

It came down to three little points:
  • Unlike England, other than a couple of days this week Scotland hasn't really seen any sign of spring. Yes, there have been daffodils and crocuses blossoming on grass verges, baby lambs frolicking (this word amuses me) in the fields but spring just isn't here yet. The sun only appears for an hour or two a day if we are lucky and it seems as if all we are ever going to get is more grey skies and rain. The temperature even struggles to get into double figures far more than I'd like. Spring just isn't here so I have no desire to wear pastels or any other springlike attire.
  • I don't do fashion. Don't get me wrong I like looking at fashion magazines and I'm definitely guilty of having a good online window shopping session every few weeks, but actually have a style? No, not me. I wear jeans about 99% of the time and alternate between my favourite t-shirts and hoodies. In the summer, my idea of switching thing up is to swap my jeans or denim shorts.  Tres chic, non?
  • I don't have a nice place to take sneaky little OOTD. No one wants to see the inside of my bedroom (again) for a "Spring OOTD". Maybe if I had my own garden it wouldn't be so bad but I don't so yeah...
That being said, I am really making an effort to complete each of these blogger challenges and so this is my OOTD...

 photo springootd3.jpg
Excuse the boring, straight hair. This was before I decided that it just had to be tied up out of the way!

 photo springootd4.jpg

Jeans: Primark | White Vest Top: George at Asda | Grey Striped Cardigan: No idea (it's pretty old) | Converse Style Shoes: Matalan | Belt: Primark (from years ago)

 
bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

This is the 2014 Blogger Challenge Topic Eight: Spring OOTD
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I love your shoes! Yeah I too let out a sigh, mainly because I don't do fashion at all and because, well spring? It's not really spring like here in Michigan to be honest ... haha I do have a liking for 3/4 length sleeves on cardigans though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think they may have jumped the gun on the spring aspect of the topic although this last week the weather has at least started to be almost spring-like with far more blue skies!

      Debi x

      Delete
  2. that messy bun looks nice! why am i still not able to achieve it?! loving your shoes btw!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I used to have such trouble creating a messy bun and if I'm honest some days I still can't do it! It's all about luck with me.

      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I love your honesty and that is pretty much me all week long. If I took OOTDs more than once a week I would be wear the same jeans as the three days before and one of my Primark vest tops in one of the 15 colours that I have. The only spicing up I do is switching between vest top and cardi and a jumper haha.

    I do love your hair though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in my jeans so it would have been pointless to find something "nicer" just for an OOTD. I'm not exactly adventurous with fashion or my style. I just switch between my favourite t-shirts and vest tops all year round. I like how, for once, you can see the red in my hair. Normally it just looks dark in pictures!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .