5 Things That Have Made Me Smile This Week

May 22, 2014

 photo Smile.jpg

Paying attention to the little things that make you happy can completely change your perspective of how life is panning out. Along with my self-imposed rules regarding my excessive use of technology, especially twitter, I'm making it my mission to pay more attention to the good things in life. I guess you could say that this is my (one-off) version of the Thankful Thursday that lots of bloggers do.
  • Watching my rugby team win the play-offs and get into the league final for the first time on Friday was absolutely amazing. I don't think I have been at such a close fought, stress-inducing game before and I've certainly never seen people be so happy at a win. I only wish I could go to Dublin to see the final at the end of the month.
  • Curled up on the couch hanging out with the other half and Roxie watching a spot of television never goes amiss. There's something so fantastic about being sandwiched between my two favourite things in the whole world.
  • My sister and her husband moved house last week which means that now they are only fifteen minutes walk from me. Yippee! Yesterday, the pooch and I went for lunch at my sister's new house and it was lovely.
  • Pulling out some board games and hanging out with the other half has been fun. It gives us so much more time just to have a good little natter about all the little things on our minds without the constant distraction of television or twitter.
  • Being able to go outside without a jumper or a jacket. Whilst we haven't had the weather that England has had the past week we have been getting to the dizzying heights of about 17 degrees which means goodbye hoodies, hello warmth.
It feels good to be noticing the little things that make me happy. Too often we let the hustle-bustle of the world stop us from noticing the great things that we take for granted. No more!

What's made you smile this week?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. Watching your favorite team win really can lift your spirits.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure can. I just hope we win the final this weekend!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Awwww yet another lovely post Debi. I love no jacket weather but just wish the Scottish weather would make up its mind what it wants to do, then i would smile more lol I had some huge smile moments this week, my future mother in law has been having tests and big op recently and results came back very good (relief all round), my other half started a new job and seems very happy and I got news I'm going to Switzerland in Sept with my work (eek excited) but my BIG frown was my wee dog isnt well just now, took her to vets for a wee check up and it cost me £130! What's worse is they couldn't find anything wrong with her. A lot of money to be told nothing - dont get me wrong she is worth it, but just think Vets are robbing ###### now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news about your future mother-in-law but your poor little pooch! I hope she's okay. Vets are so expensive even for super minor things but when your pet is your family it is totally worth it.
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Love being able to go outside without a cardi! I think I may be starting to acclimatize to Michigan weather - anything lower than 20C feels cold at the moment!

    What's made me smile this week? Seeing two little lemon plants growing from some lemon seeds I planted the other week. I nearly wrote them off as dead last week, but they've proved me wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we've really reached anything over 18 degrees yet. When everyone keeps saying that the UK is getting lovely weather at the moment I'm like, "Um... No. Scotland's weather is still pretty mediocre. We're part of the UK too!" Haha.
      Yay for your little lemon plants! Hope they are still doing well.
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. I love the quote. For me smiling after having a hectic day means the world. The sun really does improve how we feel.As long as I'm warm I'm happy.
    What made me smile mostly this week was sending mums present in the post. I'm excited to find out what she thinks :) Pity you can't go over to Ireland for the rugby. Irish football bores me, but the rugby... who wouldn't want to watch big, buff Irish fellas fighting over a ball, HAAHAA :D Ah no seriously though, they do make us proud in our little Country.
    Kayla xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope my lovely little Scottish team can beat Leinster at the weekend! Haha. Although I'm not sure that we will, what with Leinster having home advantage. Still, the game to being at home has saved me and the other half £40 which can only be a good thing!
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. Even though I'm backwards in my commenting (stupid bloglovin :p), I'll write something anyway. That's it haha.

    I'm smiling over finally being able to buy good hot chocolate in the supermarket despite it being 20+ degrees... well done Belgium, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Is it ever too hot to treat ourself to a good hot chocolate? I don't think so!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .