Hair Decisions!

May 20, 2014

 photo bc10hair.jpg

Honesty time: I've never had my hair professionally styled. I've never had my hair professionally dyed. In fact, I've only ever had it professionally cut once so I'm a little nervous about getting my hair styled on what is supposed to be the biggest day of my life. Therefore, unsurprisingly, I have spent the last few weeks scouring Pinterest for inspiration.

When straight my hair lacks any real volume or style so I obviously want to have some curls for my big day. To be honest, this is the main reason that we decided to go a hairdresser - they'll have all the products and techniques that should mean that the curls stay put all day. I find that my curls can drop fairly quickly when I do them myself and if it's raining... Well, no matter how long I spend on my hair it will be straight before the ceremony starts!

I also really like braids and plaits (think something like Daenerys from Game of Thrones) so I'd like them to be incorporated somewhere as well. The Pinterest hairstyle that I like most, however, might not work on my hair! You see, around my face my hair is shorter and so I don't know if the braids (or is it plaits?) will be long enough for the desired effect.

It's not going to grow much more in two month either. Yikes!


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

This is the 2014 Blogger Challenge Topic Ten:Hair
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I've found it really hard picking my hair for the wedding! Hopefully your stylist can help you at your trial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a rough idea of what I want. I'm just not sure if my hair is long enough/styled correctly to achieve the look I want!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I did my own hair when I got married... I curled it but the curls didn't stay "curls" for long :'( but I think because my hair is naturally "wavy" my hair still looked "nice". i hope your stylist will be able to help you and I am sure your hair will look fabulous at your wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know what you mean. When my sister got married my curls didn't hold very long as we did them ourselves. At least with having a stylist they'll know all the right products to use to, hopefully, help keep the style in place all day!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Hair is complicated. I never used to go to the hairdressers, then we had a hairdresser that used to come to my Aunts house and I would have my hair cut but it was just a trim and I never really got the point when I could do it myself.
    I went to Tony and Guy when we came to Belgium (having been before in the UK, I thought they would be good) but I just can't stomach the price of the hairdressers. In the end I decided I would get them to cut off the length and now I cut it all myself. I needed to style to be cut correctly, the fridge and the straight line and now I just cut my own fringe and Kris actually cuts the length for me.
    Now that it's short I can wear it in waves, but as soon as it's starts to get a little bit long they all drop out. I much prefer the waves, I think it actually needs shortening a little more to get the to hold a bit better.

    I don't know what I would do if I was you. I'm a no fuss hair kind of person (minus the excessive dying to maintain the colour...) other than that I'm no fuss. I'd probably just wear it like I always do and hope it looks alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The price of hairdressers really does put me off using them and I think that's why I haven't ever really done so. The one time I did get my hair professionally cut I wasn't particularly happy with it. It didn't really look like the style I'd asked for as she seemed to cut it for a centre parting which is not at all flattering for me! Too much money just to be disappointed in the end.
    I do like to do a little bit of home dying. Currently loving my red-tinged hair but I'll be going back to brunette for a month or two over the wedding. I don't really want to look back at wedding pictures in thirty years time and go "why is my hair red?" Haha.
    Debi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .