Monday Musings #19

May 12, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg 
Oh, I do love a weekend where I feel like I've actually done something. Of course, I am aware that my little weekend summaries always include the same people (the other half and my family) but I honestly love all the time that I spend with each and everyone of them.

Amongst a bit more wedding planning, this weekend I went with my sisters and dad to watch the final rugby game of the season before the play-offs and, as ever, I loved it. I don't think I'll be able to afford my season ticket next year so it was pretty important to me to be at this game. Plus if we won it (which we did) we would get a home play-off for this Friday which is huge.

Plus, this weekend was Eurovision; the biggest amount of trash to grace our televisions every year and yet I can't help but watch it. I always find myself cringing and laughing out loud at some of the ridiculous acts but I can't deny that it's a little bit of a guilty pleasure.

On Sunday, after falling and spraining my wrist playing badminton, I went and bought my flowers for the wedding. We decided to get artificial flowers as they are A LOT cheaper and can be kept forever. It took a lot of work to find colours that looked nice with the aqua bridesmaid dresses and we've still to put them together but it is another thing off the list now!

Anyway, I think it's time to tackle this week's questions....

What do you owe yourself?
The respect that I give to others. It is so easy to cut myself down time and time again for my short-comings but I would never do that to somebody else. I reserve making judgements about others and their life choices but I can be so hard on myself. 

What would your ‘priceless’ Mastercard-style commercial be?
Time being spent with the family. You could offer me all the riches in the world, all my wildest dreams come true but if it meant that I couldn't spend an hour here and there with my loved ones it really wouldn't be worth it. Time spent with them truly is priceless.

Can you think of a time when impossible became possible?
Not in regards to my own life. I think that, for me, everything that is impossible really is impossible. If it was impossible and I managed to make it work or get it (or whatever) then it always was possible. Therefore, you can never truly turn something that was impossible into something possible as it was that all along. Make sense?

Why do you matter?
Because we all matter. Every single one of us in this world means something to somebody else whether they realise it or not.

How have you changed in the last five years?
Where would I even begin with this question? Five years ago I was turning twenty, living at home and definitely not about to be married so in terms of life changes I think that a lot has happened. Emotionally and mentally, I would like to say I have grown in confidence but I don't really think that I have although I do get rare glimpses of it when I do something that I never thought that I could.  I'm more passionate about subjects that are important to me (and the world) than I was five years ago and I'm not as afraid to speak my mind  when I know I have a good argument.

What are you sure of in your life?
The other half. My family.  The support and love that these wonderful people give me are about all I really can be sure of in life.

When you think of ‘home,’ what, specifically, do you think of?
Family. Whether that be the family I grew up with (my parents and sisters)  or the family that I'm building with the other half. I truly believe in the saying, "Home is where the heart is" and my heart forever lies with them. 

How would you answer these questions?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. The wedding planning sounds so exciting! Flowers would probably be my favorite part :)

    Madeline Rose || ring-a-roundarosey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit exciting to think that I'll actually be married but the planning is more stressful than anything else!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Yey for the artificial flowers - I had those at mine and I still love looking at them in their vase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I can keep them as a keepsake and they are so much cheaper!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. At least your weekend plan include more than one other person. It's just me and Kris here ;)
    Artificial flowers are a great idea, like you say can be kept forever and will never go bad. Although I think pressing real ones might also make a nice reminder but not as good as the artificial ones.

    I love how you are such a lovely family orientated person. I don't have that at all with my family and it nice when others are family orientated, just not in that throw it in my disfunctional family face kind of way.
    You're very genuine and I like you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum is going to make a top table flower display with fresh flowers from her garden so I might press some of the flowers in that to keep. That way I'll have the best of both worlds!
      Thank you very much for your lovely comment :) I'm just incredibly close to my family and so a lot of my life revolves around them hence why they get mentioned on the blog so much! I like you too!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .