Monday Musings #20

May 19, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg 

This weekend involved a rugby play-off which we won, dress fittings for the wedding, my sister's birthday with yummy cake and puppy madness and my usual Sunday badminton session. Not exactly a quiet weekend for me.

I felt so nervous about leaving my wedding dress at the seamstress on Saturday. We are using the same company that we used for my sister's wedding and they did a great job but I can't help wondering what if they mess it up? What if I go back to try it on and find that they've taken it in too much or just messed it up and it no longer fits?! What if they screw up my bridesmaid dresses and we need (even more) new ones? Well, I guess it is out of my hands until I get them back now anyway.

This week's mind-tickling questions are...

What’s the difference between settling for things and accepting the way things are? 
Settling for something implies that with a little hard work or a bit more persistence then you can achieve whatever it is whilst accepting the way things are makes me think that it's probably a case of something being without your control.

How many of your friends would you trust with your life? 
Does this only apply to people who are not family? If it does then I'd be hard pressed to find one. I have one incredibly close friend and a handful of friends but I don't know if, when push came to shove, I could actually trust them with my life. Not that I think any of them would intentionally let anything happen to me. It's just trusting someone with your life is huge.

What’s your definition of heaven? 
Well I don't believe in the place in the sky or the religious meaning of heaven. Heaven for me would be on a beach in a warm country, eating ice-cream with not a care in the world.

What is your most prized possession? 
My engagement ring. It's probably the one thing (not living) that I love most in this world. I know that might sound a bit strange but it has a lot of sentimentality to me. The other half picked it himself, the fact that it's different from your typical engagement rings, everything that it symbolises all gives it immense value to me.

How would you describe yourself in one sentence? 
I'm a worrier who wears my heart on my sleeve and will do anything for the ones I love.

What stands between you and happiness? 
I am happy most of the time so I don't think that anything stands between me and happiness. However, more money would go a long way to making me feel more secure in life and would probably help me to be happier more often.

What makes a person beautiful?
I think that a person will appear even more beautiful on the outside if they are good on the inside. Somebody who is caring, compassionate and funny is always going to be more attractive to me than someone who has an incredible body but the personality of damp squib or self-centred ass!

How would you answer these questions?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. How many friend would I trust with my life?
    Well I think say, one? I'm lucky to have even the one. Family yes, but she has been my bestie for 8 years this September. She has gradually over the years got to know the real me, and it took so long cos I find it hard to trust people myself.
    What is my most prized possession?
    I didn't have to even think about it. The most valuable and sentimental possession I have is both my Nanas ring (she's still alive) and my late grand-mothers ring that she wore with her wedding ring. It wasn't an engagement ring but she wore it to stop the wedding band from slipping off. I wear both on a gold chain that my Dad gave to me. I just love having both grand-mothers with different memories on one chain :)

    Love reading these Musings every Monday :)
    And don't worry too much about your dress, like you've said what happens will happen :)

    Kayla xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think things that have a lot of sentimental value or have some special meaning are often our most prized possessions. Things are just things unless they have some meaning to them, you know?
      Trying not to worry about the dress. Regardless there isn't much I can do until I get it back in July!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I like reading these at the beginning of the week, gives my brain a little thinking work out. At the moment, work, is standing between me and my true happiness so I'm having to make the most of outside work happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks. Stupid work! My lack of income definitely isn't very helpful in achieving true happiness but oh well.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .