Monday Musings #21

May 26, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg 
Another Monday that I find myself struggling to get out of bed. At least this week I can use the excuse of having a semi busy weekend! 

On Saturday I went for lunch with my sisters, other half, brother-in-law and sister's friend in Glasgow before heading along to the theatre to see Wicked. I absolutely loved the performance and I'm already wondering what musicals or theatre productions I should try and see in the future! Whilst Sunday was no where near as exciting it was jam packed with badminton, shopping and housework as well as jelly making and building a lego car. Oh it's the little things.

Anyway, this week's questions....

Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?
Of course there is. There has to be a moment that, in some cases, you have to give up and just move on. It's a simple fact of life that sometimes things just don't work out and you do have to give up on them. Having said that, I'd always say give it your best shot before throwing in the towel.

What makes you proud?
The first thing that popped into my head when I saw this question was my little sisters. I'm so proud of how much they've grown into lovely young adults (they are 17 come September) and how hard working and motivated they are. They recently auditioned for a theatre school and were accepted which was amazing that they had the confidence to do so. I'm just so proud to be the big sister to two wonderful, intelligent, beautiful little sisters.

How do you find the strength to do what you know in your heart is right?
Well I have a pretty good moral compass and I don't like doing something "wrong" so it's always been pretty easy for me to do what is right.

Where do you find peace?
I don't really ever find "peace". I'm honestly always too busy worrying about something or too busy doing a number of tasks to find peace. I think it's probably quite a hard thing to achieve nowadays.

When have you worked hard and loved every minute of it?
I don't think I have worked hard and loved every minute of it. Don't get me wrong I am not afraid of a bit of hard work - in fact I actually love it. I admit to being lucky enough to do things that I have enjoyed but sooner or later I've become disillusioned with it or realised that it isn't quite the fit for me that I had once hoped.

How short would your life have to be before you would start living differently today?
I live my life the way I do out of choice as well as due to a couple of reasons that are outwith my control. It wouldn't matter how short my life was. I wouldn't suddenly have plenty of money to travel, see and do all the things I'd like to just because my life expectancy was suddenly shortened.

 Is it better to have loved and lost or to have never loved at all?
I don't know why you would ever think it was better never to have loved at all. Heart break can be incredibly difficult but knowing love and having the capacity to love completely shapes you as a person. To never had had that would be a sad thing regardless of how short lived.

How would you answer these questions?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

8 comments :

  1. I have never, ever, been to the theatre. I'm sure if it's my thing, but it's something I would like to see just to find out.
    The shortened life question is a bit weird. Why must people invent such wierd thought provoking questions haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to see a play but I have a soft spot for musicals so would happily go and see a million and one of them. The theatre is good fun but sitting "in the Gods" when it is absolutely roasting isn't the best thing in the world.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. So cute that you are so proud of your little sisters! I'm the youngest of 4, but my older sister always told me how proud she was of me. :) I agree with you on that last question... definitely better to at least experience what "love" is...how sad it would be to never know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little sisters are just simply awesome. I can't help but sing their praises!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Hi Debi, just thought I'd let you know your letter to your future self post a few weeks ago inspired me so much I wrote my own one! I did a post on it today and I linked your blog in the post as the one who gave me the idea, so I hope you don't mind :)
    I'd love to be a big Sister! I'm the youngest but I always wanted a younger sibling to rule over! So cute they make you proud! <3

    x Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm glad you liked it. I'll be sure to check your post out!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. My little sisters also make me proud :) One is 17 and the other is 11 and they just made it to a national dance competition together. It's so lovely seeing hoe much they've grown.

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a big sister thing. You just can't help but be proud of them!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .