Wedding Edition | Table Name Decorations

May 13, 2014

 photo tabledecorations2.jpg
 photo tabledecorations1.jpg

 As you may or may not know I have been known to dabble in a little bit of hand painted wooden signs. I do hope to be able to turn it into a proper little business in the near future but it hasn't been easy to drum up business! If you are interested then you can just click HERE to see my very sparse facebook page and as ever I have a little button in the side bar for it too (Austara Signs).

Anyway, when I started planning this wedding properly back in January I immediately knew that I wanted to make the table name decorations. I thought that it would be much nicer to have little wooden hearts in our chosen colours rather than just words printed on card. Plus, I thought that having these will be a lovely little keepsake that I am going to put in my "wedding box" and can look back in years to come.

I also knew that I didn't just want to number the tables but give them a theme. I've always been interested in mythology, especially Norse and Greek, and so I thought that it would be nice to have the goddesses of love, beauty and marriage as our table names.

Last week I ordered ten plain wooden hearts (20cm) and set about painting and decorating them. It took a lot of work with the multiple coats of white paint, the very slow process of painting the aqua trim and hearts, choosing the font I wanted to copy and making each of the little ivory hearts. Seven times over as well!

I think it was worth it though and I'm pretty pleased with the final outcome. After all, they do look quite professional. I don't think that you would necessarily know that they were handmade by me. Would you?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

12 comments :

  1. Wow these signs are beautiful! I love your idea of having goddesses as your table themes. Very creative!

    Jessica
    www.agorjessworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I do love getting creative once in a while!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. These are cute! Really really well done too! You got skills :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) they took almost two full days but I think they were worth it in the end :)
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Looooooooooooooove these Debi! I am so ordering these from you next year!!! Your goddess theme is lovely and your guests are going to be so impressed by this lovely touch. Oh things are really coming together now, you must be so excited :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I look forward to receiving that order! This is definitely something that I'm happy to spend days doing to make sure they look just right. I'm more stressed than excited at the moment but I can't believe how close it is getting now. Off to get my dress fitted tomorrow!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. I love those! wow! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so pretty and it'll definitely make your wedding feel that little bit more special knowing you've put the work in yourself and have something so unique! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Even if no one else mentions them the entire day I think they'll still make me smile. I'm so proud of how they turned out.
      Debi x

      Delete
  6. Looking pretty - you're hand writing is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) My handwriting is pretty good most of the time but it was made extra good for these by looking up some fonts so I could get just the right one. Writing on painted wood with a special pen can be quite challenging with all those little bumps!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .