Before I'm 25 | Update 11

June 03, 2014

 photo image-95.jpg

I'm ashamed to say that there is a lot of things left on this list that I haven't accomplished yet and plenty that I don't think I will. Still, sometimes life gets in the way even when you have the best intentions of doing whatever it is you set out to do.

6) Go to every home match in the rugby season
Let's be honest shall we? Technically I didn't go to every home game of the season. Back in March I had to miss a game because we were invited to a wedding reception on the same night as the Warriors played the Ospreys. However, the team did secure a home play-off and I went to that and therefore I think that sort of makes up for the one I missed. Thus, I am going to say this one is completed.

11) Read 25 books (12/25)
I think that it's fair to say that I am definitely not reaching my target. However if I can read another couple of books in the last seven weeks or so then I'll be happy that I reached over half way. This month I read Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, the same author of Gone Girl. I actually quite enjoyed it after I got over the grizzly subject matter of some pretty brutal murders. 

 photo wicked.jpg

18) See Wicked again
On the 24th, I went to see the matinée performance of Wicked at the King's Theatre in Glasgow with my sisters, the other half, my brother-in-law and one of my sister's friends. I had already seen Wicked back in 2011 when the other half and I took a mini trip to London and I absolutely loved it. When I heard that they were touring this year I couldn't resist going again. I had an amazing time once I got over the vertigo of sitting "in the Gods" and the sweltering heat. The cast was great although Rachel Tucker from the performance we saw in London will always be the "real" Elphaba for me.

25) Write poetry again
I dabbled in a tiny bit of poetry again this month. Nothing much but a couple of very random little verses. I'd love to really get my creativity back and be able to write poetry again like I did when I was a teenager. Although it would be nice that if this time around my poetry could be good enough to even just show someone else.

39) Grow my hair
I saw a photograph of myself from about this time last year recently and wow has my hair grown. I think that it is probably about the length I want it now although certain areas still have a way to go. Now I just want to get it into really good condition and thicken it up a bit. That being said, I can see myself wanting to cut it in the next few months just for a change!

So there we have it; another few things scored off the list. I just wonder what June holds in store for me now.


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. I always skim over goals that I don't do so well at. Never mind! It's not the end of the world, it was probably a stupid goal anyway haha. I wanted to read 12 books this year... I'm still on number two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. It isn't the end of the world whatsoever. I mean, it'd have been nice to accomplish all those things but life gets in the way sometimes and some things are just not meant to be!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .