Dear Reader

June 06, 2014

 photo goodblogging.jpg
Dear Reader,

Recently I came across the above quote on Pinterest and thought that it was about time we sat down and had a little chat.

I'm not one for following any sort of blogging rules (well, except from the ones that are, you know, legalities). I don't own a DSLR although I'd love to for my personal use as I did do a photography course back in college. I write about the negative as well as the positive. I bulk write my posts and schedule them instead of writing them spontaneously. I plan posts and have a schedule instead of doing them on a whim. All things that I have seen people frown upon. However, this quote struck a chord with me and is about the only "rule" I try to abide by.

You see, my blog is meant to be an extension of me, a place where I can record my latest escapades or vent my frustrations with the world. Whilst I don't think I always manage it, I do try to write with personality to let you catch a glimpse of the real me. When you jump aboard the train that is this blog you essentially get a sneak peek into my diary. That is, if I had one.

I suppose the reason I write the way that I do is because, when you break it down, I'm only really writing for myself. You've just come along for the ride. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful. I've made a number of wonderful friends just because I decided to sit down and type away to myself on the internet. I don't regret it one bit.

All I am saying is sometimes I'll need time for myself and stop blogging like last week. It won't be all sunshine and rainbow. I don't have an idyllic life so why should I pretend I do? I won't have the best photographs or the most incredible adventures and I'll do things my way, with my own personality hopefully peeking through.

If that's cool with you I guess I'll see you around.

Debi
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. I wouldn't want it any other way. I just write what I want. I want to look back on it one day & smile with the words I spoke. As you know I take breaks like A LOT from blogging. There's no point writing crap when you're distracted by other things. Dont worry, you write what pleases you. Don't let others pressure you into thinking you're doing it wrong. You have us blogging friends cos we love your thoughts & how you share it with us xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. You're right. Sometimes there is no point in just writing a blog post or the sake of it although sometimes I still do. Simply because I enjoy writing and it can be a great way to escape from whatever else is on my mind! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I'm always cool with you Deb! (I have limited battery/internet at the mo, hence the less than adequate comment)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .