Monday Musings #22

June 02, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

So the last week I was a bit silent on the old blog. I definitely don't expect you to have noticed and I certainly make no apologies for it but it was just a little bit of much needed time away to get my head straight. As you all know by now I'm planning a wedding and I really don't deal with stress well. It was starting to affect everything and so I took a little time just for me but I couldn't stay away from my blog too long. It's one of the best things in my life after all.

Anyway, let's jump straight into this week's questions...

What would you do if you made a mistake and somebody died? 
I really hope this never happens and so I'll never find out. I think it would completely depend on the situation but obviously I would have to live with the guilt of making a mistake that resulted in somebody's death and that would never be easy.
Who do you trust and why?
Quelle suprise! My family, my other half and my best friend. Why do I trust them? It's pretty simple really; they've earned my trust. I don't trust people too easily if I'm honest. It takes a long time before I feel comfortable to tell you everything about me or put my trust in you. Hence why the only people I really trust are my family (known almost 25 years), the other half (known 9 years) and my best friend (known 7 years). It takes time.

If you were forced to eliminate every physical possession from your life with the exception of what could fit into a single backpack, what would you put in it? 
I don't really know. I'm not a particularly materialistic person but I suppose there are certain things that hold sentimental value. I'm all about sentimentality. I'd throw some jewellery in there - my engagement and wedding ring, the heart necklace the other half gave me, my Ortak set from my great aunts. I'd probably pop in a couple of photo albums for old time's sake.
Of course, if I was being practical I'd throw in some clothes, things for the dog, some blankets and all that sort of stuff but I don't really think that's what was being asked.

When does silence convey more meaning than words? 
When you are really mad about something. I used to be really bad at articulating my feelings (I still am but I'm getting better) and so silence was always a clear indication to whoever I was mad at that I was in a bad mood. 

How do you spend the majority of your free time? 
I probably spend a large majority of my free time just quietly stressing and worrying about things. In terms of actually doing something though I would probably say playing games or watching television with the other half. I do hope to spend my spare time in the summer visiting my sister, going for walks in the sunshine and making lots of smoothies though which is definitely more entertaining.

Who do you think of first when you think of ‘success?’ 
Do you know what? I don't actually know. Of course it would be easy for me to say some celebrity or a multi-millionaire but I think that success can genuinely be measured in lots of different ways. Success to one person could mean an amazing career and tonnes of money but to someone else it could be a loving family life. Success could be managing to complete a small task that others would find easy whilst you've been struggling to do so. Success is incredibly individual in my opinion.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
This is a question that has plagued me for years. It is a question that is often associated with a career and fills me with dread whenever someone asks me. As a kid you are expected to say that you want to be a doctor, a teacher, an astronaut, an actor, a princess... Nothing is too far out of your reach. As an adult, however, you are meant to have some big plan of what you want to be, how much you'll earn, how you'll support yourself. Here's my little secret: I don't know what I want to be when if I grow up. I do know that I want to be happy, loved and hopefully a mum. Somehow I don't think this is what most people mean when they ask it though.

How would you answer these questions?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. I've missed you around these parts! Good to see you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to be in the RAF growing up, like really badly, until I was about 12 and then I was all about wanting to be a journalist. Then after having work experience at a local newspaper that dream kind of faded and I went from idea to idea and never really settled for anything. Saying that i'm more than happy how things and I wouldn't change my little job I have now, even if my two degrees didn't pave the way for it lol.

    Hope you're feeling less stressed though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had originally wanted to be a primary school teacher then a costume designer for television and film and then an editor but it never worked out that way. Some days I wish I'd studied history at university and worked in archiving and museums, other days I regret not doing childcare. I find it difficult to settle on something. Hence why I'm still sort of in between things at the moment!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .