Monday Musings #23

June 09, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

The past two weeks have not been easy. My stress has been at its absolute maximum and most days have felt like a bit of a struggle. However, after a much needed weekend spent with my nearest and dearest I'm faring a wee bit better.

After sending our wedding invitations out on Friday, Saturday saw us bath Roxie which looks a little something like this. The weather was horrible (thanks Scotland) so we just had a bit of a quiet day in the house, doing our normal weekend thing of playing games and sorting a little of our wedding list. Will it ever end?

With badminton cancelled on Sunday, my entire family ventured into town or what ended up being a very successful shopping trip. I managed to pick up a couple of pairs of jeans after my favourite pair ripped and I subsequently noticed that a further two pairs are just days away from ripping! Not happy one bit. My mum managed to find not one but two outfits that she may wear to the wedding - and managed to look gorgeous in both! Even my dad got a new suit which he looks awesome in. And finally, we managed to pick up little bags for the bridesmaids. They're just little silver ones that will fit their phone, camera and a lipstick. As I say, a very successful shopping trip.

Anyway, it's time for those head-scratching questions...

How will today matter in five years from now?
In all honesty, today probably won't matter five years from now. It's just a stereotypical Monday where I've got some housework to do and other bits and pieces to sort. Not every day has to be incredible. How unrealistic.

How have you helped someone else recently?
Well I helped the other half fill in the marriage forms. I can't say I've done any big deed recently that has helped change someone's life but, again, that's okay.

What is your greatest skill?
That's a tough one. I have so many great skills that I don't know how I am supposed to pick just one! No, in all honesty, I'm not sure. I guess my greatest skill is possibly being a good listener. I'm always happy to listen to other people's opinions and problems.

Do you see to believe or believe to see?
I suppose it really depends on what sort of thing you are talking about. I guess I would just have to say a combination of both. It doesn't make sense to me just to believe in something or someone blindly but at the same time sometimes you just have to believe even when there isn't any real evidence.

How are you pursuing your dreams right now?
By planning this wedding. Everyone knows that my real "big dream" is to start a family. Of course I don't think that to start having children you have to be married or indeed by getting married you should be wanting children but for me, it's a step in the right direction. By getting married I have completed the first step of my family dream.

What’s the next big step you need to take?
Meeting the registrar and venue again! That will really cement this wedding thing.

If today was the last day of your life, would you want to do what you are about to do today? 
Of course not. I'm planning on doing housework for crying out loud! I don't think I would do anything spectacular if it was though, just see those that I love. (Also what is with these "if you had X days/weeks/months to live questions? Getting a bit morbid, huh?)

How would you answer this week's questions?

bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. What a busy and stressful time! I hope things ease off a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *think* that it's all starting to get a little less stressful. I know it isn't going to get less busy for a while yet though! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .