Monday Musings #25

June 23, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

After having some amazing weather last week (I'm talking 26 degrees - in Scotland, people!) this weekend's weather took a little dip. Luckily though, it was still dry and warm so the other half and I thought it would be nice to try to make the most of it. After all, we can't be sure that the past week wasn't the best weather we would get all summer!

The other half had Friday off from work so that we could have a meeting about our ceremony and do a meal tasting at our venue. We were both feeling a little worse for wear but we managed to truck on through and have a good time. Now we have officially chosen our meal, that's another thing we can cross off the list.  Saturday saw us take the dog out for a walk which I would have taken pictures off only the other half has lost my cable to charge my camera. Not happy. We had a lazy finish to the weekend which, I think, we both really needed. 

Who is the strongest person you know?
Most likely my parents. They haven't exactly had the easiest road in life but they always come back fighting. They never give up and are always willing to work their butts off to give their family what they deserve.

Is the reward worth the risk? 
Incredibly generic questions like this can be hard to answer properly. I think that if the reward means that you have bettered yourself or your lifestyle then it is absolutely, one hundred per cent worth the risk. I must admit though, I'm not much of a risk taker. I actually much prefer just to stick to what I know!

What have you done in the last year that makes you proud? 
It might sound sort of lame but I am really proud of managing to do jury duty last October. With suffering from anxiety and panic attacks doing my "civic duty" of being a juror was a massive accomplishment for me. I had to go somewhere I had never been, I was put into a situation with people I had never met and had a huge responsibility to come to the right conclusion. These are all things that really stress me out and cause me to panic. Yes, the first day I had a panic attack and had to turn up almost in tears. Oh the embarrassment!  However, the truth is it wasn't that bad and I overcame my crippling anxiety and managed to survive the next four days of the trial. It wasn't easy but I did it.

What is your fondest memory from the past three years?
Without a doubt, the day I got engaged. On July 1st 2011, the other half completely surprised me with a proposal (in his parents' kitchen) and the most perfect engagement ring I have ever seen. I can't quite believe that it's almost three years ago already but I'm really glad that in just over a month we will finally get to say "I do". 

How would you answer this week's questions?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. I was going to say I don't believe you about the weather but since Kris and I went up North last Weds and it was sunny and hot, I'll let you off ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was great last week, so toasty and sunny. Now we are back to our usual though of grey skies and rain showers! I knew it wouldn't last!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .