Before I'm 25 | The Penultimate Update

July 03, 2014

 photo image-95.jpg
I can't believe that it was a year ago that  I first posted about my Before I'm 25 list. I haven't completed nearly as much as I had hoped to, life got in the way most of the time. Having said that I'm still glad I wrote my list and I'm even considering writing a Before I'm 30 list with more lifetime goals. There are still nineteen days left for me to officially complete some of my tasks but with the wedding being A MONTH AWAY I don't think I'm really going to get much on my list done.

June was not a successful month for ticking off my little list but I still want to do a little update so here you have it...

3) Reach 150 followers on this little blog
Honestly, I gave up on trying to reach this goal at the start of the year when I realised that my numbers weren't that important to me. There may only be a "few" of you but I love having my little group of followers and growing my blog organically instead of begging for follows (not that I did that anyway). I seem to be hovering around 120 at the moment and that's a-okay with me.

7) Make a new friend
Well, the title of this one may seem a little childish but what I really meant at the time was to find someone who has more interests like mine. Boy, did I find some awesome people this year - even if I haven't actually met them. I don't know whether they would consider me their friend but is that even the point? There are just a couple of girls (I hope they know who they are) that I really love chatting to and hope I'll meet in the future. I think this one can be scored off the list.

10) Save a little a month for a rainy day & 38) Fill our Terramundi Engagement Pot
We have an engagement Terramundi pot that when we set a date in January we decided to pay a bit more attention to in terms of saving. We managed to save about £200 in coins in that little pot which (I think) we plan on using as spending money if we do book a honeymoon. It might not be all that much but I did just say "save a little".

14) Go make-up less at least one day a week
Well, this ended up being a far easier task than I had imagined when I wrote the list last year. I don't have perfect skin but over the course of twelve months I've learnt to be comfortable in my own skin. Yes, it has flaws but I don't need to cover them up every day. I surprised myself by going out multiple times in the last year without make-up and not even worrying about it - something I haven't done since I was about twelve. A bloody fantastic achievement if you ask me.

21) Go out for dinner somewhere lovely with the other half
I'm going to count our meal tasting for the wedding for this one. It does tick all the boxes after all. We don't really go out for dinner, just the two of us, now that we live together and normally opt for making some tasty home-made meals instead. I hope that sometime after the wedding we can treat ourselves to a nice date night.

I might manage to do a few little things in the three weeks but I'm not holding my breath. Regardless of how successful (or not) this Before I'm 25 list has been I'm pretty glad I did it. It's certainly been interesting at least.


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. It's so nice to read that you don't blog for numbers! I think so many people judge their blog success by followers but I don't see it like that. I LOVE your blog! Going makeup free for one day a week is a good one, and even better you have gone 'naked' quite often - love that!

    xx Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much. I used to set myself goals for followers but now I'm more than happy just to have anyone who wants to come along for the ride - even if it is only a few people.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I'm still reading the same book since Feb, I think I will at not completing my goals! (one book a month, my arse!)

    Kris and I wanted to do date night each month but I'd much rather cook something at home with him and try out a new recipe of some kind.

    I am always surprised at the amount of money you can fit in a money jar!

    phfff thanks for mentioning me as your friend. NOT! I thought we were friends! (Just kidding, next time I come to the UK, you can be top of my list of faces I want to see!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we are friends, silly! I would absolutely love a chance to meet up even if I can be pretty socially awkward sometimes! Haha.
      I'm so pleased with how much money we managed to save in our jar. We made a guess before we counted it up and Kami thought that there was maybe £100 whilst I was a little more optimistic and guessed £125. We were both pleasantly surprised.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .