Films | What A Disappointment!

July 17, 2014

 photo movies.jpg

I'm a huge fan of sitting down in front of the television or at the cinema, some snacks in hand and spending a good couple of hours watching a film. I'm no film buff but I enjoy being transported to another world for a while and immerse myself in a character's story rather than my own. I watch so many new films in a year that I always mean to keep a list of them but I never do!

Albeit briefly, I have spoken about my favourite films on the blog before during my A to Z of Me Series. It is almost as easy to talk about your favourite films as it is to justify watching it for the tenth time this year but what about films that you don't like? How come they never get mentioned?

So here we have five films that quite honestly were a bit of a disappointment...

1. I Heart Huckabees
Full disclosure here: I have only watched twenty minutes of I Heart Huckabees. This was purely because after twenty minutes we were so lost and bored that we switched it off in favour of another film. It has a fairly big name cast with Dustin Hoffman, Jude Law and Naomi Watts all featuring but even that couldn't stop me switching it off with about an hour and a half to go. Maybe I should give it another shot. I don't want to.

2. Being John Malkovich
I remember watching this years ago and being hugely underwhelmed. Apparently this is thought of as a good film by many but I just didn't get it and instantly wanted my 112 minutes back. It was just weird.

3. The Happening
Now, I think Zooey Deschanel is awesome in New Girl. She was cute in Elf. But what was she thinking signing on for The Happening alongside Mark Walberg?  This is definitely a "supernatural thriller" that I wish I'd rather never seen. It lacked suspense, wasn't in the slightest bit creepy and had a bit of a rubbish ending.

4. Wolverine: X-Men Origins
I love the X-Man films but this one was definitely a disappointment. Whilst the storyline was pretty good, I found that the effects and editing were somewhat lacking and I remember sitting in the cinema getting more and more unimpressed with it. Obviously X-Men: The Last Stand is also a bit of a disappointment in the franchise too.

5. Altitude
We absolutely knew what we were getting ourselves into when we decided to watch this one night on Netflix. I mean come on, a giant sky-octopus thing? It's hardly going to be riveting stuff but I wanted to throw in something that was a bit unusual for my list. I love a good "bad movie" but unfortunately this wasn't quite awful enough to make it into my it's so bad it's funny list.

What are some of the worst or most disappointing films you've ever seen?

bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

This is the 2014 Blogger Challenge Topic Fourteen: Films and Movies

I broke the rules a little with this one as this post is meant to go live between August 1st and August 5th but that is when I'm taking my post wedding blogging break. So here it is now, I'm being a rebel. Hey, I didn't technically do topic 13 as it was a Summer Bucket List and I'd already covered that HERE.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. I like this type of post :)
    I think the worst film we ever saw was called "buried" - it's literally 90mins about a man that is in a box, under the dessert, who chops off one finger and then at the end of the film they come to rescue him and they are in the wrong place and he dies... Worst. Film. Ever. I recommend watching it, if only for the experience. Think extended YouTube Vlog, but done badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of Buried but I can't say it sounds like much fun! Haha. I'm sure there is a million other films I could have included on this list so maybe there'll be another one like this in the future!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .