Homemade Soup

July 10, 2014

When I asked two of my sisters and my brother-in-law around for lunch on Sunday I didn't really know what I was going to make for them. I'm not much of a cook and, to be honest, I especially suck at making anything decent for lunch! So with no idea of how much of anything I would need to make sure everyone got a decent portion, I headed to Asda, bought some fresh vegetables and got started on throwing a soup together which, being a blogger, I knew I had to share.

 photo homemadesoup.jpg

Ingredients: Makes 5
Chicken stock (I used 3 stock cubes and about 1 litre of water)
2 carrots
1 leek
2 celery sticks
1 garlic clove
3 shallots
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

Step one:  Prepare all vegetables. Slice the carrots, leek, celery and shallots into small, bite-sized pieces and crush the garlic.

Step two:  Add a splash of olive oil to the pot along with the crushed garlic and shallots. Cook for about two minutes, stirring frequently. Meanwhile melt the stock cubes in about 1 litre of freshly boiled water.

Step three: Add the chicken stock to the garlic and shallots, bringing it to the boil. Add the rest of the vegetables and allow to simmer for half an hour. Season with salt and pepper.

Step four:  Serve with some yummy bread and enjoy!

Apologies for no picture of the finished product. The soup was sort of inhaled pretty quickly. Not bad for something that I had never made that way before and was just sort of thrown together.



bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. Ewww, don't be putting celery in my soup!

    This sounds really good. I could easily whip this up, I might even try it this weekend. I keep all my beg cut and frozen, because we are that lazy! so it should be simple. I might add some chicken to it :)

    Thanks for giving me some soupy ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like celery in soup! I'm useless at deciding what to put in my soup so I just opted for some pretty straightforward simple vegetables. I'm sure there are more interesting ones out there! :)
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I LOVE homemade soup. Especially chicken & veg! Yummmmmyyyy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing better than some homemade soup, especially in the wintertime.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .