Life & Wedding Update

July 18, 2014

It is undeniable that so far July has been an increasingly busy month with birthdays and anniversaries to celebrate as well as a wedding that is in the final stages of planning. If I'm not meeting with the venue then I'm writing seating plans or buying thank you gifts. Just when I think I am nearly finished with my to do list someone reminds me of something else. It really is never ending at the moment. It boggles my mind to think that there has been all this stress, planning and money spent on one day which everyone keeps telling me will fly in. I guess, it's a bit like Christmas in that respect. You spend weeks, months even, planning for it, spend too much money and then it's all over in the blink of an eye. It'll be worth it though. I hope!

I sent away for my passport last week which was a bit strange. It was the first time I officially had to write my married name and I've decided that there is no nice way to link a T into my signature. The S was so much easier. I am surprised by how attached I feel at the moment to my maiden name. I've always wanted to take on my husband's name when I get married (oh, how anti-feminist) but it does feel strange to know that in two weeks time I'll no longer legally have the name I've had for twenty-five years.

Anyway, with sending away the forms and awful photos it is looking more and more likely that we will go on a little honeymoon. I think we are considering Majorca or Tenerife (I'd still like Portugal too) depending on the prices and deals we can get. We don't want to spend too much so it's very much a wait and see scenario.

In other news, I will be taking a break from the blog the week after my wedding. Upon my return things will be a little different here. I'm hopeful of getting a bit of a blog makeover in terms of aesthetics but also my content is going to be a little different. I feel like I am entering a new chapter in my life (getting married, turning twenty-five) and I want my blog to reflect that and the changes I am making in my life. I can guarantee that there will still be lots of my regular posts but things should end up being a little more varied. I hope you'll still like it.

One last thing: Happy birthday to my sister, L. (I know you're probably reading this.)

It's my birthday tomorrow. (Can I open my cards today at least, L?)

Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. How did you know I would be reading it? I forgot to comment - d'oh. Don't stress over the wedding - it will come together. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. It suddenly feels very real now though!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Busy busy! I think the honeymoon will be a really nice relax for you both, definitely go for a good deal! Maybe you can squeeze a little more time out of the holiday that way ;)

    Oooh a make over! That sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! We definitely need the honeymoon so that we can have a little bit of "us" time and forget about all the stress that has been following us around for the last six months!

      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .