Monday Musings #30

July 28, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

It's been a busy week since I last wrote my Monday Musings.

This weekend was ace. I got my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses back from the seamstress which made my day - even if they were about four weeks late. It doesn't matter now that I physically have them in my possession. Huge sigh of relief there! My parents' had their 35th wedding anniversary on Saturday and I hope that I'm as fortunate to have as strong a marriage as they do. I also went to the Commonwealth Games Rugby Sevens tournament on Sunday but I think I'll have a post about that!

What is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?
Oh, I'm rubbish at thinking about my strengths and weaknesses. I'd have to say that my greatest strength is probably my organisational skills. I'm a list maker and I always like to be aware of what is going on and needs to be done. I'm pretty good at hitting deadlines. I suppose you could say that my greatest weakness is worrying about what other's think. By allowing other people's opinions of me to matter I have been known to miss out on things or do something I don't want to just to please them. It is definitely one of my downfalls.

When was the last time you lied? What did you lie about?
Quite probably the usual: "I'm fine." This has got to be the most popular lie ever told. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking about how I'm feeling at that moment in time and so it is just so much easier to say "I'm fine."  We all do it.

What made you smile this week?
Time spent with my family. I had a really busy week with helping my sister rip out her kitchen, dinner with my sister's as a mini hen night, getting my weddingdress, celebrating my parents' 35th wedding anniversary and seeing the rugby sevens at the Commonwealth Games. That's not even mentioning the time spent with my very soon-to-be husband playing with the dog!

What do you do with the majority of your money?
Spend it on bills like all responsible adults do! I'm not much of a big spender when it comes to material goods anyway!

What motivates you to be your best?
My family. I never want to let them down or disappoint them. I know that even if I don't succeed if I have at least tried my best then they will be happy. I want to be the best version of myself not only for me but for theme.

When was the last time you lost your temper? About what?
I don't tend to lose my temper very often. I get upset and overwhelmed pretty easily but angry? That's pretty rare. The last time was probably to do with something wedding related and I most likely had just had enough of some kind of drama and got mad. No biggie. We all moved on.

How would you answer these questions?


bloglovin'   |   twitter   |   pinterest

** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. I'm glad they all came back in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So was I. They looked beautiful on the day!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .