Monday Musings #34

August 25, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Well this is unusual. For the first time in I don't even know how long I'm going to push the little "publish" button as soon as I finish this post. Normally I would have scheduled all this week's posts already but after feeling truly rotten most of last week as well as just not having the right frame of mind here I am on a Monday morning, only just getting around to it.

Despite barely moving from the couch for three days, I miraculously managed to be well enough to enjoy my weekend. Nice days spent with the husband and the dog are definitely my favourite. Nothing quite beats a long walk in the sunshine with some good company and that's pretty much all we did. Well, that, a fiftieth birthday party, Netflix and a trip to the vets.

Anyway, onto this week's questions...

What makes love last? 
I think that making love last really comes down to three things:
  •  Loyalty and trust
  •  Mutual interests and common goals
  •  Hard work and lots of it
What good comes from suffering? 
It doesn't seem like a hell of a lot of good can come from suffering. I guess that, in a roundabout way, if there wasn't suffering in the world than maybe we wouldn't be able to appreciate the really good things and moments in life. That being said, I'd still rather not have to experience any sort of suffering, thanks.

What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in the last year? 
Really I can't think of a specific lesson. Obviously it goes without saying that I'm continually learning new things about the world and myself all the time.

Based on you current daily actions and routines, where would you expect to be in five years?
In much the same place as I am now if you base it purely on what I do now but as a person I am continually changing and becoming more involved in new projects so who knows!

What was your last major accomplishment?
I honestly don't feel like I have accomplished much over the past few years but then again I've never really been very self-congratulatory and so there is probably a number of things that could be seen as a major accomplishment. Sometimes just getting out of bed or eating when I'm ill can feel like quite an accomplishment!

Through all of life’s twists and turns who has been there for you?
Oh, as if you don't know who I am going to say! My sisters, parents and husband are the ones who have been there for me regardless of what life wants to throw my way. I am so fortunate (and I thank my lucky stars every day) that I have these wonderful people in my life.

What or who has been distracting you?
The thoughts in my head distract me more than they probably should! I used to be quite good at focussing on one project but I'm easily distracted and enticed by other things at the moment which I'm not sure is a good thing!

How would you answer these questions?


** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. Love is A LOT of hard work, more than people think, but I like to think it makes the relationship better that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think people appreciate just how much work goes into making a relationship work long term. It's worth it though!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Ditto the need for hard work in a relationship, that and give and take, a lot of laughter and respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter, loyalty and respect go a long way to making a relationship work in the long run. No point being with someone who you don't laugh with!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .