Newlyweds | Mr & Mrs T.

August 15, 2014

My aim is to make Friday's post be about relationships and not just of the romantic variety either. I hope to share with you my thoughts with you on family and friendships as well as what married life is really like. I did warn you that things were going to be a bit different around here.

 photo newlyweds.jpg

Today the husband (will I ever tire of saying that?) and I have been married for two weeks. I'm still having difficulty remembering that I'm now Debi T. and not Debi S. I still smile when I look down at my hand and see my wedding ring nestled snuggly under my engagement ring, the tiny little diamonds glinting in the light. I still shake my head in disbelief at how glorious the weather was (22C) compared to the mediocre August weather we have been having.

The biggest difference between before the wedding and now is how the lack of wedding related stress. My husband and I are so much happier now in our newly-wed glow.  I feel like for the first time all year that I can actually breathe and just live in the moment. No more worrying about sorting this, that or the next thing. No more anxiety of what someone will think of our plans. I can finally look to the future properly without my stomach falling when I remember there's still work to be done for the wedding. It's over. It's done. It was great.

So far, I don't feel as though much has changed other than I now wear two rings and I have to get used to the idea that I'm now Debi T. Once my marriage certificate comes in I can start getting my name changed on all the important bills and make my name change truly official. That should be next week! And what  a fun job that will be! Hours spent filling out form after form only for some company to inevitably mess it all up. I'm looking at you bank! 

It's all been worth it though. I'm married to the man of my dreams and we are stronger now than ever before and that makes me a happy wife.




This is the 2014 Blogger Challenge Topic Fifteen: Perfect Pairs
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. You sound so happy! There is always one company that messes everything up... Good luck with the bank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it seems to be the passport office that is messing things up but hopefully I'll get that sorted out soon enough!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .