Recipe | Naan Bread Pizzas

August 28, 2014

 photo naanbreadpizzats.jpg

 photo naanbreadpizzacc.jpg
 photo naanbreadpizza.jpg

Just a super quick recipe post for you today. Whilst I have often made home made pizzas with pitta bread in the past when Kerri from Blue Hair in Belgium shared a recipe using naan bread as a base I knew I wanted to try it out. 

Ingredients 
  • Naan Bread (we chose a garlic and herb one)
  • Tomato Puree 
  • Cheese  
  • Toppings of your choice*
Step one: Spread the tomato puree on the naan bread. The edge will get very hard when it cooks so if you want to avoid this I suggest making sure the puree and the toppings go right to the edge!

Step two: Cover your pizza with any topping you want and sprinkle generously with cheese.

Step three: Pop the pizzas in the oven at 180C (fan) for about fifteen to twenty minutes et voila! You're ready to eat your pizza!

We made this for our nine year anniversary as we decided that we wanted to do something a little different and thought making pizzas would be fun. We would have made the base ourselves but we didn't have the time as we were out all afternoon so this made a good alternative. It's so straightforward but I still thought it would be nice to share.

I promise I'll have some more exciting recipes in the future!

* I chose a tuna and sweetcorn pizza whilst the husband made his with pre-cooked chicken and chirizo. We also added some fresh basil leaves to give just a wee bit more flavour.

Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I love naan bread pizzas, they are always so easy to make and I love the difference in the naan bread as a base. Haven't made one myself in ages mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love an easy meal to make so this is just perfect for me! The fact that you can change your toppings every time too is also fab!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. This is so perfect for living in a dorm. Thank you for the idea, I will definitely be doing this :)

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They are so easy!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Naan bread pizzas are the best! I find naan bread a much better base, not to heavy like the regular one and it doesn't seem to make me as bloated... no likes to be bloated :(

    I would have gone for the chicken, Kris would have gone for the tuna haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right; no one does like to be bloated! Naan bread is a really nice base although I didn't like how hard the crust ended up being but I hate anything too crunchy! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .