Wedding Day | 1st August 2014

August 12, 2014

Forgive me if this ends up being a long post. As ever, I write this blog for myself so that I can perhaps look back on my experiences in the future and cringe, laugh or remember fondly all the wonderful things I record here. Of course it's also lovely to know that you are here to share in the biggest (and smallest) moments of my life.

This was a big moment.

 photo thenewmrandmrst.jpg
 photo DSCN0885.jpg

After a couple of days of typical Scottish weather (rain!) we were blessed with the best weather of the past week. There was an actual blue sky and it was the perfect temperature. Trust me, if it had been any hotter I would have melted away in my dress.

They aren't kidding when they say that the day flies in. The ceremony went by in a blur. We both stuttered over our vows, perhaps due to the other pulling faces or maybe due to nerves. We both had tears in our eyes as our sisters read the poems we had chosen. We both had nervous smiles etched on our faces. I was about fifteen minutes late, I felt as though the vows I was saying were nonsense but I was assured that I said them properly and I did struggle with getting the ring on his finger. The register may have accidentally called my new husband "camera"and forgotten momentarily about one of our readings. Maybe it wasn't absolutely plain sailing but they were only minor things and before long, I was walking back down the aisle as Mrs T.  Finally, it was official.

 photo wedding4-2.jpg
 photo wedding1.jpg
 photo wedding7.jpg

A huge amount of relief was felt by both of us after the ceremony was over. After almost nine years I was able to look at the man that has stood by me through thick and thin and call him not only my best friend but my husband. Whilst I knew I still had a number of little things I had to do throughout the day (cake cutting, first dance etc.) my main stress was over. I allowed myself to enjoy talking to family and friends and even (sort of) enjoyed getting some photos taken.

 photo wedding6.jpg
 photo DSCN0886-1.jpg
 photo wedding3-1.jpg

At moments it felt as though someone had pressed fast forward. Time flew past faster than ever before. We cut the cake, we ate dinner, we had a good wee natter. The speeches from my dad, best men and new husband (!) were absolutely fantastic. They had me laughing one moment and welling up with tears the next. My charming husband also almost forgot to mention me in his speech which got a pretty good laugh.

Our first dance, You Can Rely On Me by Jason Mraz, was not nearly as cringey as I had imagined it would be. In fact, I barely even noticed that anyone else was there. It really did just feel like me and him. It was perfect.

I know that I haven't written this in the most eloquent way, I know that it's all a bit all over the place but my thoughts on the day are still a little fuzzy. I'm sure I'll recount tales from the day in the weeks to come. Plus, who knows if you even read all this. 

You were only here to look at all the photographs, weren't you?



How handsome is my husband in his kilt?! I'm a bloody lucky lady!

I never realised how freaking awesome the back of my dress looked.

...Or how little you could see that my dress was actually halter! Oops! 
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

21 comments :

  1. The back of your dress WAS awesome! So so glad you had a beautiful day, those tiny little hiccups just pale into insignificance next to the actual reason you're there don't they?
    And yes, your photos are completely gorgeous.
    Huge huge congratulations
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Absolutely! Nothing matters so long as you manage to get through the whole reason that you are even there in the first place! Plus, I'm lucky enough that nothing disastrous happened!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. You two look perfect together! Sounds like the day was wonderful, and I didn't know your husband was called Camera... that's an original name ;) A really beautiful dress, freaking awesome from the front and back!

    Congratulations! and here's to your happy ever after :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) We all had a good giggle when the registrar accidentally called him "camera". Then again, I don't think she really brought here A game as she also almost completely forgot my sister-in-law's reading! I totally loved my dress. Sad I don't get to wear it again!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Awwwwwwwwww such lovely photos! You both look so happy :D Congratulations and best wishes to the both of you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) We were both so happy! It had been a long time coming. Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. I love how you went very natural with your hair :) And the back of the dress stands out, so pretty for your figure :) You were blessed to have such a great day for it. That's all every Bride wants... no rain and blue skies :) Best wishes to you and your husband (you'll have to get use that I suppose) :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I still can't quite believe our luck with the weather! The rest of August has been rainy and horrible. It seems as though we got the last day of summer for the wedding! I never want to do anything too fancy with my hair other than curl it. It wouldn't have felt very "me" if I'd gone for an up-do!
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. Aww congrats - what great photographs and all the detailing in your dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love my dress a little too much to be honest! Haha. Glad I decided to get it three years ago after all!
      Debi x

      Delete
  6. Yipeeeee! I've been patiently waiting to have a right nosey at your wedding piccys so couldn't wait for this blog post. You looked stunning and your husband looked very handsome and together you both looked extremely happy. SO glad the stresses of the day melted away and you got to really enjoy it. Been told by so many people that it fly's by in a blur but I'm sure the memories will last a lifetime. Congrats and now its time to enjoy your happily ever after xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) We got our professional photos this week too and whilst there's some that will never see the light of day there's also quite a few lovely ones.
      The day does fly in so quickly but by about 9pm I was so shattered that I genuinely could have just gone to bed! I didn't though. I stayed up all the way to Loch Lomond at the end and even waited around to say bye to all our guests!
      Hope the planning with yours is going well!
      Debi x

      Delete
    2. Planning is getting there :) Had a call to let me know my wedding dress is ready (a year early) and I can go try it on. Its really starting to feel real now. Ordering our save the date magnets this month and plan to put them out with our Christmas cards. This year has gone by so fast, next Nov will be here before I know it. Aw there is nothing like a Scottish wedding with Loch Lomond at the end, think we want Caledonia as well, love that song so much. Oh how did everyone like your hand-made table names? xxx

      Delete
    3. A year early?! I only got my dress the week before! A major stress! It's not a proper scottish wedding in my opinion if it doesn't have a spot of ceilidh dancing and Loch Lomond! Haha. I think everyone liked the handmade table names. If they didn't they didn't say so! I thought they looked awesome anyway!
      Debi x

      Delete
  7. Awh you looked so beautiful and sounds like you had a truly amazing day! I wish you the best of look in the future and I hope you enjoy this amazing 'honeymoon' period too. One of the best times of your life is now, how great is that :) x

    Sinead - Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can't believe it ever even happened really! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  8. oh wow Debs you really did look AMAZING! you were so luck with the weather and you can see in both of your faces how happy you are! I'm so glad it went perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still so pleased about the weather. Honestly, except our wedding day and maybe two others August has been rainy, windy and cold. Looks like we got the last of the summer for our special day!
      Debi x

      Delete
  9. Yay congratulations! You look amazing and you're right the back of your dress is stunning! Here's to many fabulous years of being husband and wife! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I still can't quite believe it's all over!
      Debi x

      Delete
  10. You look beautiful! I hope you have had fun, at least the pictures make it look like you did! :)

    Much love xx
    Catarina // ohkori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .