Gratitude Jar

September 12, 2014

Hammer time 

Confession time.

I am often guilty of taking things for granted or letting the little, good things go unnoticed. All too often I find myself dwelling on my shortcomings rather than focusing on the good in my life. Rather than looking around me and thinking of all the fantastic things I do have and how fortunate I am I can't help but zone in on that which I don't have.

I'm too caught up on what I lack, what I want and what I think I need to succeed in life that I keep missing the really good stuff that I've got going on. No more, I say! Time to take in all the little thing that I really should be grateful for.

And so I present to you...

*drum roll*

 photo gratitudejar.jpg

My gratitude jar!

I think that it is important to recognise the every day things that make us happy and I want to do more of that therefore I think a gratitude jar is a perfect solution. When I'm having a bad day and feeling a bit rubbish about myself it's a cute visual reminder of all the things I've got to be thankful for. This will encourage me to focus more on what I do have and the positives in life. Well, I hope so anyway!

It's  a little sparse at the moment - I only started it on Monday. However, it is my intention to write a couple of things each day that I'm grateful for and pop in my jar for at least a month. It would be nice to do it for a year but I know how caught up in other things I can be so I'll start with a month and see where I go from there.

Have you ever had a gratitude jar? What are you grateful for today?
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I like this idea, I think I'm sort of doing the same thing with my new diary. I just note down whats go one that, for the only purpose of my blog, but I realised that I always start with the good and end with the odd crappy thing. It's nice when I get to Sunday and look back at the week, it's never as bad as I think it was :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm hopeful that it will remind me not only of all the things I did that week but also show me how my life doesn't suck quite as much as I sometimes think. I just thought it was a cute idea. Let's see how long it lasts!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Love this idea! I was doing 100 happy days where I did a photo of something happy/ I was grateful for each day which worked well :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 100 happy days is a really cool idea but I'd never remember to take photos for that long. Either that or it would end up very repetitive very fast!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely idea, it is so easy to forget all the good things we have going on on lives! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It's just far to easy to focus on all the big or negative things that we miss all the amazing little things that we just take for granted.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .