LIFE: Things That Make Me Happy

September 23, 2014

You're probably sick to the back teeth with me saying how I am trying to have a better outlook on life and be more positive but here I am, saying it all over again. After a pretty rotten weekend of feeling ill and even shedding a few tears, I decided that yet again it was time to give myself a bit of a shake and get thinking of the things that make me happiest. It's always good to take a few minutes every day to think about exactly what you're doing that makes you happy.

 photo DSCN0687.jpg
  • This furry little face and all her cuddles. She absolutely loves this ball that my family brought back for her from their holiday in Spain. She spends ages chasing it about and it brings a smile to my face every time.
  • Peppermint tea. It's good for you, you know.
  • Actually doing a spot of reading. In less than a month I've read (almost) four books. Where was my motivation for reading when I was trying to complete my Before I'm 25 list?
  • Suitcases ready for packing. Sure they are taking up space in our spare room just now but it's so exciting!
  • Copious amounts of pasta. I like my carbs, okay?
 photo 449.png
  • Getting to call this handsome man my husband.I don't think I need to say anything else.
  • Family time. Whether it is an hour spent with my parents, a day spent with my sisters or an evening with the in-laws it's always time well spent.
  • Having a television series marathon snuggled up with the dog and husband. Currently watching the second season of American Horror Story but I think the husband wants to watch House of Cards next. Is it any good?
  • A clean, tidy house. I feel a lot less anxious with no mess around!
  • The knowledge that I should be getting one last decent week of weather before winter. Thank goodness we didn't go this past week to Portugal; apparently it's been getting thunderstorms! I'm hopeful we'll have some pretty good weather though!

What is making you happy this week?
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. Haha such a cute pic of your doggy! I hope you have good weather in Portugal! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber! It's meant to be pretty nice weather in Portugal so I've got my fingers crossed.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I also feel much better when the house is clean and tidy... Seeing a mess stresses me out!! I'm also wondering if House or Cards is any good... I keep seeing it on Netflix!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My house is a mess today. Too much stuff pulled out for honeymoon packing! Really need to sort it out before we go on holiday! We started watching House of Cards (two episodes in) and it's okay so far. Not sure it's completely my thing though.
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. It's always good to have a little reflect on the good things everyday. Totally had a lovely peppermint tea today! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go through phases of drinking peppermint tea. Seems like I'm back to totally loving it again! Haha
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. I love a clean and tidy house, but we are terrible at actually having a clean and tidy house. Yes to carbs! I do love my potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We manage to keep the house fairly tidy but sometimes it ends up too messy for me, like today! Stuff has been left everywhere. Whoops! I blame the husband ;)
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. I try and have a tidy house, but it never stays that way for long. Seeing as my mother in law is meant to be coming up in the next couple of weeks I better get onto that. And as for carbs, yeah I love those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, a mother-in-law visit. Is that a good or bad thing? My parents come up to my flat to see me at least once a week but the in-laws very rarely visit. We are far more likely just to go to theirs. I guess that's the benefit of only living a 25 minute drive away - no big long visits.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .