Monday Musings #36

September 08, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Another week already? I can't believe that we are already a week into September! The rugby season started on Saturday which was good. It's always nice to get out with my sisters and my dad and have a good shout until my lungs hurt. That being said, I didn't like us only winning on a last minute penalty. My nerves can't take that sort of thing! Yesterday, the husband and I decided to pop along to the Hunterian Museum in Glasgow to soak up some culture. It's always nice to get out the house and hang out, just the two of us.

Anyway, let's get stuck in to this week's questions...

If you could relive yesterday what would you do differently? 
I've come to realise that when it comes to the past I really don't like to think about the what ifs. It doesn't make sense to me to dwell on that which has already happened. So if I could relive yesterday I would do nothing differently. All the choices I make each day make me who I am at this very moment.

What do you do over and over again that you hate doing? 
Saying something stupid or reacting disproportionately to a situation. I do that pretty often and I wish I didn't.

Would you rather your child be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent? 
Less attractive and extremely intelligent. As it is I don't think I am particularly attractive OR intelligent but I would always want to be more intelligent. I love to learn new things and I often wish I had a better grasp of how things worked or how to do something new. Plus at the end of the day looks will fade.

What white lies do you often tell? 
The usual ones of "I'm fine" and "Nothing is wrong". Everyone pretends to be tougher than they really are and covers up how they are feeling with the occasional "I'm fine" response. I'm no different.

What is the biggest change you have made in your life in the last year? 
Getting married I guess. It hasn't particularly changed me as a person or us as a couple (yet) but it a big change to the world. We've been living and acting like a married couple for years now. The only difference now is my last name and the fact we get to call each other husband and wife.

What do you understand today about your life that you did not understand a year ago? 
I guess I am understanding more about my anxiety and how it effects me although I do feel like I've lost the control that I had of it this time last year. I'm fighting to get that back but I have the feeling that it's going to be a long, slow process.

Whose life have you had the greatest impact on?
I don't think that this is a question I can really answer myself. I would like to think that I have made a difference to some people, especially that of my family and husband. How would I be able to say what kind of impact I have had on anyone? 

How would you answer this week's questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. I say "I'm fine" wayyy too much when I'm really not fine at all... It's just easier than going down my "everything that's wrong with my life" list, ya know? Haha

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes I just feel like "you really don't want to know what's wrong right now!" Haha. I think everyone probably uses "I'm fine" more often than is healthy.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I think the world would probably fall apart without those little white lies! I wish I could act correctly to some situations but some things just make me so annoyed or something and I have no idea. Then I go for the little white lies and try to hide it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we didn't have little white lies I think that the world would quite possibly be pretty harsh and blunt. I'm not sure I would like that!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .