Monday Musings #37

September 15, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

What have you done that you are not proud of? 
Like absolutely everyone else I've done silly little things that I'm not proud of or that I regret. It's human nature. Although I can't think of a specific instance, I'm probably least proud of all those times I had something worthwhile to contribute and I just kept quiet. I wish I'd had a little more self-worth in my own opinions growing up. You never know what kind of difference your opinion might make to somebody.

When should you reveal a secret that you promised you wouldn’t reveal? 
I think that in most cases if you promise to keep something a secret then you should never reveal it. However, if this secret is causing harm to the secret-keeper or anyone else I think it is important to speak up. I would hate to sit by and watch someone hurt themselves or someone else (or get away with murder-literally) and not do anything about it.

How would you spend your ideal day? 
I'm not exactly the most exciting of people so I guess my ideal day might seem pretty dull to some. I think I'd want to spend the day with the family at the beach or somewhere in the sunshine just enjoying each other's company. Nothing is more perfect to me than laughing with loved ones although it's a bonus if a) the weather is nice and b) there is copious amounts of yummy food.

What is the one primary quality you look for in a significant other? 
I don't think that there is necessarily just one quality that is more important than the others when it comes to a significant other. Right at the top of my list has to be:
  • A good sense of humour. What is life without some laughter?
  • Loyalty. No relationship can have a good foundation without it.
  • Trust. I need to trust someone fully to open up and who will trust me in return.
What do you admire most about your mother and father?
I admire so much about my parents. Their never ending support and love for each other and the daughters in truly amazing. They both have a "never give up" sort of mentality that I really admire and they're so hard-working and determined too.

How would you answer these questions?


Questions I didn't have an answer to...
What did life teach you yesterday? 
Who impresses you?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. Humour is always my go to quality in most people, also I like a person who is kind and who likes to hang out on the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. I love being around people who make me laugh. I can be such a grump or have some really down days so I like to have someone who has a good sense of humour to pick me up!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. One of the questions you didn't answer was who impresses you, and I have to say that my youngest sister impresses me every day. She is only twelve, but she has a strong character and is already trying to break gender stereotypes. She is also one of the sweetest people I know and watching her stand up for a child being bullied was one of my proudest moments as her sister.

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice to hear. My younger sisters just turned seventeen last week and they too impress me with how strong, beautiful and intelligent they are. It's lovely when you see your little sister grow up and become an amazing person.
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Humor and loyalty are my musts in people for sure. That and being able to smile and have a laugh, can't really be doing with overly serious people for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a worrier I'm serious enough myself so I definitely like to have someone around who makes me smile and laugh!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .