Monday Musings #38

September 22, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg


What is the best advice you have ever received? 
It's not necessarily advice but my mum once told me "You are not better than anyone but nobody is better than you" which I have always thought was pretty wise. It reminds me to think of everyone as equals and remember that we all have our own flaws or inadequacies but that doesn't make us worse or better than those around us.

If you could live forever, would you want to? Why? 
As much as the whole dying thing scares me, I don't think so. One: if I kept ageing I'd spend most of my life incredibly frail and reliant on others. Two: if only I was affected by this living forever malarkey I would hate outlive all the people I love. What a horrible existence that would be.

If you had to be someone else for one day, who would you be and why? 
Nobody but myself. As much as I think my life can bee awful some days I wouldn't want to be someone else. We don't know the challenges that other people are facing and quite honestly I have enough of my own to worry about without being put in someone else's shoes, even if only for a day. Plus in reality my life isn't all that bad. Nine times out of ten I'm pretty happy with who I am.  

What positive changes have you made in your life recently?
I started my gratitude jar a couple of weeks ago which is helping me to see the good in the little every day things. Concentrating on what I have to be grateful for makes my whole outlook on life a whole lot more positive. I've also been trying to drink more water again and eat as healthy as I can. I've also been trying really hard to take care of my skin better. I do want to look good for my honeymoon after all!

Who makes you feel good about yourself? 
Without a doubt, my husband. He sees me at my worst, for who I truly am and still loves me. If he can do that then I can't be all that bad, can I?

Which one of your responsibilities do you wish you could get rid of?
I'm not sure really. I quite enjoy having responsibilities. It makes me feel more grown up! Possibly having to do the ironing though. I don't like that!

How would you answer these questions?


Questions I didn't have an answer to...
What is your biggest regret? 



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. Love the advice your mom gave you... I think it's important to tell your kids that everyone is equally talented!

    My husband also sees me at my worst... He's great, haha I don't think I could put up with me lol!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum is a wise woman! Haha. I don't think I would put up with me. We are pretty lucky to have men who are willing to look past all our bad moments!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Your mum is very wise! Oooh, positive change has to be: care less. Care less about others opinions and care more about my happiness. I'm still working on it, but I hope, come next year I'll be well on my way to caring less and being happier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always tough to care less about other people's opinions. It's something I've tried to do countless times and yet I still care what other's think. I'm such a people pleaser though!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .