Then, Now & In the Future

September 19, 2014

 photo DSCN0954.jpg

A while ago the lovely Kerri wrote this post and I knew I wanted to do my own take on it. Too often amongst all the blogging rules we hear about how dull it gets when people just copy other people's ideas.* Not wanting to be a copycat, I've decided to shake it up a little bit and this is what I've come up with.

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I WAS...
a tomboy with knots in my hair and dirty knees
obsessed with dinosaurs and sharks
interested in history; especially the Russian revolutions of 1917
self conscious and insecure
sure I wanted to be a primary school teacher
a bit of a teacher's pet as in I just wanted to be at (primary) school to learn as much as possible
unable to say "pins and needles". I would always say "nins and peedles"
an avid reader, my nose was always in a book

NOW THAT I'M 25 I AM...
wife to the man of my dreams
clueless as to what to do with my life
anxious about all the big and little life things
patient and compassionate
a feminist
interested in important world issues
less insecure but still self conscious about how I look and who I am
a rugby fan and a blogger 
trying to be more positive

IN THE FUTURE I WANT TO BE...
someone to be proud of
financially independent and not reliant on the husband quite as much
more confident and self-assured
want to be a mum and have another dog
happy and loved like I am now
still blogging and doing the things that I love

What would you say for each of these?


*FYI:  Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. When I was young I was such a tomboy too - always outside, climbing trees playing in the dirt. I think i'm getting back to those roots with finally having a garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, to be young again. I would love a garden! There's something so satisfying about planting new flowers or doing a spot of weeding.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. This is a great take on my post! I'm jealous that I didn't think to change it up, but... I'm not the creative type so yeah.
    So, what can I say...

    When I was younger... I climbed trees and was also a huge tomboy.
    Now that I am (almost) 25... I am working towards the title of "Dr"... hehe and it makes me feel smart :)
    In the future... I want to travel everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I was smart enough to work my way towards being a "Dr" but I'm not. Nor do I have any idea what I could be Dr of! Haha. I'm too much of a homebody to want to travel. I'd like to visit a few new places on holiday but going travelling just isn't for me!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .