Currently I'm... #5

October 30, 2014

How on earth are we onto the last couple of days of October? Why must this year insist on going so fast?!

Whilst I probably haven't done too much exciting stuff over the last six weeks or so I feel like it's time to catch you up with a new Currently I'm... just before we jump into November and all things Christmas!

 photo 1510.jpg

Reading… Lots of blogs and Russian Roulette by Giles Milton. Actually I am almost finished this book but I don't know what I'll read next.
Playing… a little bit of Xbox with the husband but I'm wanting to play some more board games. When we were in Portugal we would go along to the bar each night, grab a table and play one of our favourite card based games, Lost Cities. It was awesome to sit there with a glass of something (mojito, Heineken or rose wine) and chill for a while.
Watching…Too much Netflix. We almost watched the entire first season of a Scandinavian show called The Bridge (Broen/Bron) the other weekend when we were having a lazy day. We just got completely sucked in and watched episode after episode. Oops!
Trying… To start preparing for (whisper it) Christmas. This includes present buying, scouting for even more decorations and blogmas planning. Yeah, you heard it. I'm thinking of attempting blogmas this year.
Cooking… Nothing too exciting tonight but I did make my yummy spaghetti carbonara on Monday 
Eating… Fairly well at the moment. Possibly best to stay away from junk food until Christmas!

 photo 2210.jpg

Drinking… Lots of hot drinks now that the weather has cooled down. I've got to stay warm somehow, right?
Texting… The husband while he's at work because I get lonely!
Tweeting... Too much of the usual rubbish, to be honest.
Crafting…Nothing yet but I really want to get making some crafts. I want to put together my wedding scrapbook as well as attempt some Christmas crafts. Whether I actually get a chance to in the next couple of weeks I do not know!
Doing… A lot of planning for this blog as well as the future. Hopefully some exciting times lie ahead.
Going… To quite possible freeze my bum off at the rugby tomorrow night.

 photo ci5roxie.jpg

Loving… Cosy nights on the couch with the husband and Roxie. Nothing beats snuggle time.
Hating…Getting up when it's still dark and cold. I wish that we had proper central heating that you could set a time or it to come on!
Enjoying… Planning and trying to be prepared in real life as well as in blog life.
Thinking… That I should probably be doing a whole load of housework right now but having no motivation to do so.
Feeling… Hopeful.
Hoping…That projects and aspirations all come together in the near future.
Listening (to)… Too much spotify - Jason Mraz, The Civil Wars, Jenny Lewis, Rilo Kiley, Taylor Swift.
Celebrating… We just celebrated my nephew's first birthday at the weekend there. I can't believe that a year has passed since I got to meet that little munchkin for the first time!
Smelling… A freshly made cup of coffee. See? I told you I'm drinking lots of hot drinks at the moment!
Considering… Doing blogmas this year.
Starting… A new monthly feature on the blog tomorrow and a second attempt of writing this story idea.

What have you been up to lately?
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

8 comments :

  1. I keep seeing the bridge on netflix and I really need to start it! I'm trying to be a bit healthier too as I feel as though December will be a bit of a blow out!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good. The husband and I got sucked into the story so quickly that it was hard to stop watching. I was almost disappointed to have to go to bed - and I love my bed!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I'm terrible at reading so I decided to start listening to audio books at work, it's really great! I listened to three books in about a week and a half!
    I'm not listening to the Sherlock Holmes adventures because it was the most expensive book I could find on Audible haha and you get to choose one free book.

    I need some quality blog planning time! I must put that aside this weekend and I still can't decide if I want to do Blogmas... every day sounds super hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The husband listens to audio books sometimes but I tend to find it hard to concentrate on them because I want to be doing so man other different things while I listen. I don't like Sherlock Holmes (at all). I had to read a few of Sherlock Holmes stories at school and hated every single one.
      I've been super organised on the blogging front lately. Lots planned and scheduled plus I have a rough idea of the posts I'd do for blogmas so I think it's definitely on the cards!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I can't believe that we are nearly in November now. I have got to start planning the dreaded Christmas (I love it really) but first I need to get some ideas of what to buy people! I don't think I am in the position to do Blogmas just yet.. maybe next year!

    Looking forward to seeing the new monthly feature and seeing what exciting things you have planned for your blog!

    Emma | frillsanddoodads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Christmas but knowing what to buy people is a nightmare. I have already bought some new Christmas decorations but not a single present. I better get cracking!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Russian Roulette looks like my kind of read, Russian history really intrigues me. But at the moment, having a new phone that I can read comics on, Joe's been sticking a load on there for me to read which has been fun. Never imagined I'd be reading comics but the things that happen when you fall in love eh?! I've been drinking lots of tea, like there's no tomorrow, it's crazy.

    I really need to find time to get some blog posts written up but I think the Christmas buying season is starting on ebay so my life about to get crazy busy urgh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Russian history around the time of Tsar Nicholas II and the 1917 revolutions so this book is pretty perfect for me. Being part Estonian (and having it under Russian rule for quite some time) the history about that area intrigues me.
      When Kami was doing a lot of comic reading I was exactly the same. It's amazing the things you end up enjoying that you never thought you would because of the menfolk in your life!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .