Honeymoon: Lagos, Portugal

October 14, 2014

 photo DSCN1221.jpg
 photo DSCN1085.jpg
 photo DSCN1116.jpg
 photo DSCN0982.jpg
 photo DSCN1025.jpg
 photo DSCN1254.jpg

 photo DSCN1201.jpg
 photo DSCN1155.jpg
 photo index.jpg
 photo DSCN1092.jpg

I have so many photos of this holiday (over 300) that I don't even know where to begin telling you about the amazing week we had in Portugal. Believe it or not, I felt pretty self-conscious pulling out the camera at the beginning of our holiday and so the first few days weren't photographed nearly as much as the end!

We stayed just outside the town of Lagos in the Algarve on the south coast of Portugal in a little place called Meia Praia. Splashing out a little as YOHO (you only honeymoon once) our five star, adults only hotel was right on the beach front. Well, if you discount the little train tracks you had to cross to get to the soft white sand and crystal clear sea. We had a fantastic view of the two pools, the sea and Lagos from our balcony, each of which we spent hours at.

The weather was fantastic; almost always sunny and mid to high twenties every day. Even the locals commented on how nice it was for the beginning of October. With rain forecast for this coming week we really couldn't have picked a better time to catch some beautiful Portuguese rays.

As a result we spent much of our time relaxing by the pool or on the beach, wandering through the little streets of Lagos and eating far too much food. We wanted a week to relax and we sure as hell got it!

I have lots of other posts planned all about this honeymoon as I feel like, despite not doing to much, there is lots I want to share with you. So keep your eyes peeled for more about Lagos, our sunset tour into the Monchique Mountains and more beautiful bits of Portugal. 

I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. Looks like you had a pretty great time! and congratulations!
    I'm just back from my (delayed) honeymoon too, and am trying to muster up the will to go through all the photos we took. There are a few of them to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Oh, where did you go on your honeymoon? I'm glad we only took 300+ photos - it took me long enough to go through all of them. We still haven't decided which photos we want printed from the wedding day yet. It would be good if we could at least get that done before 2015! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Yey! Looks like you had some gorgeous weather - could be doing with some of that myself right now! I took so, so many photographs on our honeymoon (to Chicago) some I've still never really done anything with and I never finished off sharing the places we went to nearly three years later lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got so lucky with the weather. The week after (which was the Scottish school's October Week) the weather was mainly cloudy with the temperature being about 20 degrees. I plan on putting a bunch of honeymoon photos in an album but that involves choosing and printing them so who knows when that will get done!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Awww looks so lovely! Love the coloured houses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely little place. So many pretty coloured houses too!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Looks amazing and looks as though ye had a great time. I feel uncomfortable taking a camera out wherever I go :D

    Kayla xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love taking photographs but it's ridiculous how self conscious I get about taking my camera out and snapping away. Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. Ahh look at you two cuties!! (I'm just catching up now!)

    That's some really great weather there! Our trip was a lot more cloud and a little more rain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello again! We couldn't believe how lucky we got with the weather. I'm definitely missing all that beautiful sunshine now that we've had a week of strong winds and rain!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .