Monday Musings #41

October 13, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

I'm back! Although you've probably not noticed I haven't written a blog post in about two weeks. Thank goodness for scheduling, huh? It feels good to be back, my fingers tapping away on the keyboard with a renewed sense of purpose, my mind overflowing with new ideas. It's amazing what a week away in sunny Portugal has done for me. My batteries are now recharged to carry me through the winter and I definitely feel more optimistic about writing again.

As always, it's Monday so that means it's time to answer some thought-provoking questions...

Who has had the greatest impact on your life?
It's probably fair to say that my husband has had the greatest impact on my life. Meeting him when I was just fifteen means that we have shaped each other into the people we are today. That isn't to say that we have changed the path we otherwise would have been on nor does it mean that I don't think my parents and sisters have had a big impact on my life or who I am.

Are you happy with where you are in your life? Why?
Not entirely but I have a lot to be grateful for. I'm healthy, I have an incredible family, a loving husband, a beautiful pup and a roof over my head. It seems wrong to not be happy with my life when I look at it that way. However, I do wish I had a good, steady income preferably achieved through writing or making crafts and I'd love to start a family of my own. I'm working on getting myself there though.

In one year from today, how do you think your life will be different? 
I don't think it will be all that different to be honest. I'd like to think I'll still be happy and healthy with some incredible people around me. It would be nice if my above wishes could be working out or at least be on the right path to achieving them.

How have you sabotaged yourself in the past five years?
I haven't sabotaged myself in the past five years. I want to succeed and become a person that  I can be proud of. Why would I do anything to ruin that?!

Other than money, what else have you gained from your current job? 
I don't currently work. I'm essentially a housewife who likes to spend too much time blogging and taking photographs so I suppose you could say that I have improved my style of writing (I hope!) and I now know how to keep my house clean and tidy!

Whom do you secretly envy? Why? 
I don't really envy anyone. Everyone has their own problems and insecurities that  we don't necessarily know about. That being said, I probably envy anyone who has never had any sort of money worries for obvious reasons.

In twenty years, what do you want to remember?
All the good, happy moments in my life.

How would you answer these questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. It's so good to see you back :)

    Even though I didn't meet Kris until I was 20, I think he has made the biggest impact on my life these last five years than anyone else I know. It's quite something when you think of how someone can have that much impact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely that you have someone like Kris though :) It sounds bad but I don't know who I would be now if I hadn't met Kami. We've definitely shaped each other into the people we are now.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Yey you're back. Consider I work from home, I should be better at keeping the house tidy but I totally suck at it I will be honest. I think Joe has been the person with the biggest impact in my life - he's given me support that's always been lacking from family members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Housework is rubbish though. There are still certain chores that I absolutely hate doing and will do almost anything else just to avoid! It's lovely when you find someone who is always their to support you!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .